Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delete file older than three days Post 302717093 by Steve Carlson on Wednesday 17th of October 2012 02:09:13 PM
Old 10-17-2012
Delete file older than three days

The find command can not be used when I am using SFTP. If I use !find then this will be used against the local directories. I am trying to do this command against the Remote Directory.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete user file(s) older then 'X' days ??

I want to delete any file in unix file system which is older then a week. Those files should not be unix system file..means it should be user created file. Any clue to this ?? ASAP. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete file older than N days

Hi, All, I'd like to delete files older than 1 day. I thought the following command find /your_directory -mtime +1-exec rm -f {} \; will do the work, but not so, it seems like it won't delete files unless it is 2 days old or older. the files between 1 day and 2 days old does not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericaworld
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files older than 30 days

This is driving me crazy. How can I delete files in a specifc directory that are over 30 days old? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlphillips
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files more than 15 days older

i have to delete files which are older than 15 days or more except the ones in the directory Current and also *.sh files i have found the command for files 15 days or more older find . -type f -mtime +15 -exec ls -ltr {} \; but how to implement the logic to avoid directory Current and also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Delete files older than 30 days

Hi all, I want to delete log files with extension .log which are older than 30 days. How to delete those files? Operating system -- Sun solaris 10 Your input is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards, Williams (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: William1482
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To delete logs older than 30 days

I want to write a shell script that deletes all log files in a directory that are older than 30 days except for 3 files: I am using the following command: find /tmp/logs -name "*.log" -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} \;But this command deletes all the log files. How can i modify this script that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmunir
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than X days.

Hi All, I am using below code to delete files older than 2 days. In case if there are no files, I should log an error saying no files to delete. Please let me know, How I can achive this. find /path/*.xml -mtime +2 Thanks and Regards Nagaraja. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete logs older than 60 days

i am using HP-UX OS...... delete logs older than 60 days find -mtime +60 | grep -i '.*log' | xargs rm -mtime is nt available in HP-UX, pls tell me other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List and Delete Files which are older than 7 days, but have white spaces in file name

I need to list and delete all files in current older which are olderthan 7 days. But my file names have white spaces. Before deleting I want to list all the files, so that I can verify.find . -type f -mtime +7 | xargs ls -l {} But the ls command is the working on the files which have white... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search 2 days older file and then delete last 10 lines

I want to search 2 day older file and then delete last 10 line of that file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
2 Replies
accept(1M)																accept(1M)

NAME
accept, reject - allow/prevent LP destination queuing requests SYNOPSIS
destination ... destination ... destination ...] ... DESCRIPTION
The command permits the command (see lp(1)) to accept printing requests for each named LP printer or printer class destination queue. The command causes the command to reject subsequent printing requests for each named destination queue. Requests already queued will con- tinue to be processed for printing by the scheduler (see lpsched(1M)). Use the command (see lpstat(1)) to find the status of destination queues. For an overview of LP command interactions, see lp(1). Options The command can have the following option. Specifies a string that is used to explain why the command is not accepting requests for a destination. reason applies to all queues mentioned up to the next option. If reason or is omitted, the default reason is "". The maximum length of reason is 80 bytes. reason message of length greater than 80 bytes is truncated to 80 bytes. reason is reported by the command and by the command when users direct requests to a rejected destination. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables The variable determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). International Code Set Support Single- and multibyte character code sets are supported. EXAMPLES
These examples assume you have a system with two printers named and and one class named that includes both printers. Example 1 To allow all destinations to accept print requests: Example 2 To reject requests to the class destination, requiring users to choose a printer: Example 3 To reject requests to the individual printer destinations, requiring all requests to go through the class destination: WARNINGS
and operate on the local system only. FILES
Directory of spooler configuration data Directory of spooler log files Directory of LP spooling files and directories SEE ALSO
enable(1), lp(1), lpstat(1), lpadmin(1M), lpsched(1M), rcancel(1M), rlp(1M), rlpdaemon(1M), rlpstat(1M). accept(1M)