Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Search files that start with current date Post 302717041 by Yoda on Wednesday 17th of October 2012 12:17:17 PM
Old 10-17-2012
Code:
find . -name "20121017*.xml"

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to recursivly search all html files below the current

hi! i need a command to recursivly search all html files below the current directory for the string "ABCDE". that´s very important to me, thanx!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: inane
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find files less than the current date

Hai, i have one directory contains 100 files .each file name like xvb_dateformat.i want find which file names are xvb_lessthan or equal to currentdate. any one give the solution. regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallikarjuna
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

listing files that do not belong to current date

How do we list all the file names in a directory that does not belong to current date. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esh.mohan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing files that does not belong to current date

How do we list all the file names in a directory that does not belong to current date. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esh.mohan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a file with Current Date

Hi, How can we search for a file with current date(sysdate). Actually i want the file name from a directory which was created today(current date). For example i have a dir /home/arch and i have files with name aglito03axyz.datetimestamp in this directory, but all these files were created... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming of multiple files with current date

Hi, I have a fixed 4 files in each different directory. The total 17 directories are there each one having 4 files inside it. I need rename all of them with current date. The files formates will be as below: Folder1: abc_NOR_xyz_ddmmyyyy.txt abc_NOR_ghij_ddmmyyyy.txt Folder2:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjanardhan83
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Search Logs Several Directories Pulling out Only Current Date

Hi All.. I'm seeking assistance with editing a script to search log files in several directories. I'm close to what I'm seeking, but need additional guidance. The log files are always listed by current date; however, inside the log file includes dates that go back to 2011. What I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lenaf7
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to replace a parameter(variable) date value inside a text files daily with current date?

Hello All, we what we call a parameter file (.txt) where my application read dynamic values when the job is triggered, one of such values are below: abc.txt ------------------ line1 line2 line3 $$EDWS_DATE_INSERT=08-27-2019 line4 $$EDWS_PREV_DATE_INSERT=08-26-2019 I am trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting week start date and end date based on custom period start dates

Below are my custom period start and end dates based on a calender, these dates are placed in a file, for each period i need to split into three weeks for each period row, example is given below. Could you please help out to achieve solution through shell script.. File content: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
2 Replies
STAG-AUTOSCHEMA(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       STAG-AUTOSCHEMA(1p)

NAME
stag-autoschema - writes the implicit stag-schema for a stag file SYNOPSIS
stag-autoschema -w sxpr sample-data.xml stag-autoschema -dtd sample-data.xml DESCRIPTION
Takes a stag compatible file (xml, sxpr, itext), or a file in any format plus a parser, and writes out the implicit underlying stag-schema stag-schema should look relatively self-explanatory. Here is an example stag-schema, shown in sxpr syntax: (db (person* (name "s" (address+ (address_type "s") (street "s") (street2? "s") (city "s") (zip? "s"))))) The database db contains zero or more persons, each person has a mandatory name and at least one address. The cardinality mnemonics are as follows: + 1 or more ? 0 or one * 0 or more The default cardinality is 1 ARGUMENTS
-p|parser FORMAT FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module xml assumed as default -dtd exports schema as DTD -w|writer FORMAT FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module, OR DTD The default is sxpr note that stag schemas exported as xml will be invalid xml, due to the use of symbols *, +, ? in the node names LIMITATIONS
not event based - memory usage becomes exhorbitant on large files; prepare a small sample beforehand perl v5.10.0 2008-12-23 STAG-AUTOSCHEMA(1p)