Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 11 install freeze
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 install freeze Post 302716701 by eax on Tuesday 16th of October 2012 07:00:17 PM
Old 10-16-2012
Network

I am sorry, but that didn't work. This is Solaris 11 btw. I got the text "kernel parameters ignored" or something like that. Same effect.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Installing Solaris 8 bootblock without Solaris Install CD

Hello everyone, Background: I'm having an issue with booting a clone of hard drive with Solaris 8 installation. For cloning process I have used g4l, running under click'n'clone option. As far as I know the actual operation ran behind g4l's interface was dd, though I do not have any information... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny994
12 Replies

2. SCO

SCO 6.0 Freeze

Hi Gurus I have installed SCO 6.0 open server on Dell R710 server. It has frozen three times afte installtion. and I had to cold reboot to bring the server back again. I need to know where to look for the reason it froze. The keyboard on the server the asterisk key is pressed, even... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: atish0
13 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

4. Debian

Debian on ia64 install - freeze

Hi I try to install debian 6.0.1 on hp rx2600. I boot from the CD i get first boot menu ( i can choose Install/Install(expert)/Rescue modes) after i choose one of above i see messages like : (..) Uncompressing linux..done. (...) Loading file /initrd.gz.. done (...) Linux Version... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chesti
2 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Freeze system

hello is there any freeze software for Linux-redhat system to prevent any changes on /root (wish open topic on right forum) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 7: Is it possible to install JRE1.6 on Solaris 7

Dear All: I am trying to install JRE 1.6 on Solaris 7. But it's failed. error message: ld.so.1 symbo1 __1cH__Climpkcplus_init6F_v_: referenced symbol not found (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaychen
2 Replies

7. Solaris

No way to install a flar archive of Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.4 zone

I want to migrate a solaris 10 os to solaris 11.4 zone. I did this a)Collect some data like id sysid,disks,ip,etc..on solaris10 OK b)Create this file.cfg with this command on solaris 10 zonep2vchk -c > /migration/sol10.cfg OK c)Create the archive flash on Solaris10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
ibtl(7D)							      Devices								  ibtl(7D)

NAME
ibtl - Solaris InfiniBand Transport Layer DESCRIPTION
InfiniBand (IB) is an I/O technology based on switched fabrics. The Solaris InfiniBand Transport Layer (IBTL) is a Solaris kernel misc mod- ule and adheres to the IB Architecture Version 1.1 specification and provides a transport layer abstraction to IB client drivers. IBTL implements the programming interfaces for the Solaris InfiniBand Transport Framework (IBTF), consisting of the IB Channel Interface (CI) and the IB Transport Interface (TI). The CI consists of Host Channel Adapters (HCAs) and HCA drivers. A host is attached to the IB fabric through the CI layer. The Solaris InfiniBand CI is Sun's API rendering of the InfiniBand Architecture (IBTA) "verbs" specification. The Solaris InfiniBand TI is the kernel service driver interface into the Solaris InfiniBand Transport Framework. It provides transport and communications setup programming interfaces for Unreliable Datagram (UD) and Reliable Connected (RC) transport types only. FILES
/kernel/misc/ibtl 32-bit x86 ELF kernel misc module /kernel/misc/amd64/ibtl 64-bit x86 ELF kernel misc module /kernel/misc/sparcv9/ibtl 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Consolidation Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhea, SUNWib | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ib(7D), ibcm(7D), ibdm(7D) InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2004 ibtl(7D)