Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to ring the system bell many times without pause? Post 302716561 by benalt on Tuesday 16th of October 2012 03:15:50 PM
Old 10-16-2012
I already tried a loop and it didn't work. The bell rings once. In fact my loop was almost identical to yours. Googling around had me find a line like this:
Code:
cat `cygpath -W`/Media/ding.wav > /dev/dsp

But it also didn't work.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SuSE install on a Packard Bell m415

hi everybody, I just installed Suse on an old Packard Bell. When the install was at detecting my moden, it hung. I couldn't free it sooooo, I pressed ctrl+alt+backspace. Yup that killed the process alright. The machine went right down and upon reboot it is now at the KDE welcome page. Here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joetech
2 Replies

2. Programming

system("PAUSE") Problem.....

Ok, here's the situation....I have this code... #include <iostream.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main() { cout << "\nBlah, and Blah\n\n"; system("PAUSE"); return 0; } Now, "system("PAUSE")" gets executed before "cout" does, and I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbolthouse
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar-ring a directory

Hello I am trying to tar a whole directory. My problem is that I have to omitt a special subdirectory. Can you tell my how I am supposed to do that? Unfortunately I am not very good in regular expressions and in programming. :( Thanks for any help. Greetings Marcus (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fwurm
1 Replies

4. AIX

Urgent: Error log about TOKEN ring

Hi Everyone: Last Thursday my system come up those error log and haven't show up any details. Does anyone know what it mean? I need help :confused: 9359F226 0424184208 N U LVDD 00D2B9FE 0424183208 N U tok0 D0775966 0424182908 N U tok0 A9428A1A 0424170108 N U tok0 71B416E1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fla22
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How the system determines password expiry times?

Hi, lads. Good day. I have one question, how the system determines password expiry times? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yjck71
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Any Way to pause/unpause system execution in HP-UX 11.11 and 11.23?

This may seem like an odd question, but I've heard that on old Alpha servers running OpenVMS, you could pause the system so that the OS is essentially suspended for a small period of time, then unpause it and it would pick up where it left off. During the pause, all CPU cycles would be halted, all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

7. Solaris

System hangs (freezes) on system bell/beep

I am running OpenIndiana development version oi_148 32-bit on a seven-year-old Dell Inspiron 8600. Seems to be running fine except for one particular annoyance: It freezes whenever a system bell/beep plays. I have mitigated this by turning the system bell off in gnome-terminal, which I use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeadBadger
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System call failed with 127 .. after 500 times when called in loop

Hi Experts, I have a code like this. ===== #include.... int main() { int count = 0; while(1){ printf("\n Interation number is: %d \n ",count); rv = system(" test.sh > log.txt " ); if (-1 == rv) { printf("Could not generate static log: error... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: binnyjeshan
12 Replies
mpc123(1)						      General Commands Manual							 mpc123(1)

NAME
mpc123 - your handy Musepack audio player SYNOPSIS
mpc123 [options] file(s) DESCRIPTION
mpc123 is a command-line player for the Musepack audio compression format. mpc123 reads mpc audio files and decodes them to the devices specified on the command line. During playback, you can pass to the next playlist element (or a random one if one of the -z and -Z options were used, see below) by send- ing SIGINT to the process, thus usually pressing ^C will act as a "next-button" for the player. OPTIONS
--gain N, -g N Set gain (audio volume) to N (0-100 inclusive, default 100, 0 mutes sound) -o driver Set output devicetype to driver; possible drivers include: oss Linux Open Sound System alsa Advanced Linux Sound Architecture alsa09 ALSA version 0.9 and newer (you should really be using this) esd Enlightenment sound daemon arts Analog Real Time System (kde sound daemon) null Debugging output target --audiodevice dev, -a dev Use dev for audio-out; If not specified, the program tries to pick some sane defaults, based on the used audio output driver. Common devices include: /dev/dsp or /dev/dsp1 for oss output default or hw:0 for alsa09 output --au filename.au, -u filename.au Use au file filename.au for output --cdr filename.cdr, -c filename.cdr Use raw file filename.cdr for output (this can be used directly with cdrecord's -audio option) --wav filename.wav, -w filename.wav Use wave file filename.wav for output --list file, -@ file Use playlist file as list of Musepack files; The playlist format is simple: one file per line. You can easily generate a playlist for mpc123 with the find(1) command: find /path/to/musicroot -iname *.mpc -fprint file --random, -Z Play files randomly until interrupted --shuffle, -z Shuffle list of files before playing --verbose, -v Increase verbosity (default verbosity is 0), the more -v, the more verbose mpc123 becomes --quiet, -q Reset verbosity to 0 (no title or boilerplate); this is the default --help, -h Print the help screen, with some brief usage information AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Daniele Sempione <scrows at oziosi.org>; Fernando Vezzosi <fvezzosi at masobit.net> made some edits January 2006 mpc123(1)