Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Verify Hard Drive was swapped Post 302716395 by bartus11 on Tuesday 16th of October 2012 09:53:19 AM
Old 10-16-2012
Check "showlogs" command in ALOM. Also /var/adm/messages should contain some warning messages about HDDx being removed/inserted.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I Want To Automount My Hard Drive!!!

:confused: Im as newbie as they come....... I just loaded Red Hat 8.0 on my computer. I have a second hard drive that i reformatted with a Fat32 so I could share it with my XP and Linux partions....... I have like 4000 mp3's on it and i would like to get it to auto mount when Linux boots....? Or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mynameiskyle
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

reading the hard drive

I have suns machine that holds two hard drives. I only used one. I tryed to make a lan network with my windows xp. When I tryed to restart the machine it wanted to a password. when before I just typed root to log in. So i edited the etc dir. big mistake. So now the machine will not read the hard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: victbla
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to copy old hard drive to new hard drive.

:confused: ........I have a new hard drive and I need to copy ALL info from the old to the new. I would like to use the dd command. I know the command is as follows...... dd if=/dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s0 of=/dev/rdsk/???????? Where I have the question marks is the problem. How do I find out what the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

The best partitioning schem for a 250GB Sata hard drive & a 75GB SCSI hard drive

Hi I have 2 75GB SCSI hard drives and 2 250GB SATA hard drives which are using RAID Level 1 respectively. I wana have both FTP and Apache installed on them as services. I'm wondering what's the best partitioning schem? I wana use FC3 as my OS, so, I thought I can use the 75GB hard drive as the /... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbijan
0 Replies

5. Solaris

wiping hard drive

I'm looking for a utility that will wipe data clean from a Solaris hard drive and make the data unreadable and unrecoverable. Any suggestions? Does SUN have something? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Hard Drive error

I have a hard drive that we are trying to jumpstart in a sunblad 1500. we keep getting errors. I placed the drive in my 1500. I want to wipe the drive clean because for some reason it has a partition table. and when i go to format and try to format the drive it says it can not use a program. is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
5 Replies

7. SCO

I need a help with accessing the hard drive

Hello guys, I have got from a friend a hard disk which was used in the SCO OpenServer. He needs some data from it. I have no clue how to copy its content with Linux or Windows-I have tried few Linux distros but the result is always the same-the file system is not recognized so can't be mounted.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kataro
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Corrupted Hard Drive

I am running FC-7 which I realize is an older distro. But my question would apply to any distro. I ran fsck on my mounted file system (I know, I shouldn't have). Now it won't boot. I get a kernel panic message. I booted to a Knoppix Live Cd. The desktop icon shows /dev/sda2 mounted at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2buck56
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

External hard drive

I have connected an external hard drive. I can't find it. Both ls /media, fdisk -l and ls /dev show nothing. TIA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
3 Replies
auditd(1m)																auditd(1m)

NAME
auditd - Starts the DCE Audit Daemon. SYNOPSIS
auditd [-t trail_file] [-a] [-s size] [-wrap] [-w svc_route] [-d debug_level] OPTIONS
Specifies the pathname of the audit trail file used by the Audit daemon. The default path of the audit trail file is dcelo- cal/var/aud/adm/central_trail. If an audit trail file name (instead of an absolute pathname) is specified, the file will be created in the dcelocal/var/aud/adm/ directory. Audits the Audit daemon's control interface access. Sets a warning threshold on the size of the audit trail file. The Audit daemon displays a warning message each time an audit record is appended to the audit trail after the threshold has been reached. Wraps the recording of audit events to the beginning of the audit trail file when its size limit is reached. The default action when the size limit has been reached is to stop auditing. Specifies where each level of serviceability messages are routed. The svc_route argument is divided into three fields, separated by colons - the level, a routing identifier, and a routing parameter: severity:how:where See svcroute(5) for possible values for these fields. Specifies debugging level of sub-components. The debug_level argument contains four fields separated by a colon: component:flags:how:where See svcroute(5) for possible values of these fields. DESCRIPTION
The auditd command starts the Audit daemon. The Audit daemon must be run on the host before the audit clients. The Audit daemon can only service audit clients that are on the host where it is running. Thus, an Audit daemon must be installed and run on every host in the cell that has audit clients (audit clients include DCE servers and user-written application servers). The Audit daemon has two functions. It maintains the filter files which are shared by all audit clients running on the host. It also pro- vides an audit record logging service to these clients. The Audit daemon runs under the local host's machine principal identity (host/hostname/self). A DCE Host daemon (dced) must be running on the local host when auditd is started. Typically, dced and auditd are started at boot time. The auditd process places itself in the background and sends messages indicating it is ready to service requests for updating or querying filters and logging audit records. Privileges Required You must be logged into a privileged account (cell_admin or a member of the audit-admin group) to be able to run auditd. EXAMPLES
The following example starts the Audit daemon using the default audit trail file (dcelocal/var/aud/adm/central_trail): $ auditd The following example starts the Audit daemon and specifies my_trail_file as the audit trail file. $auditd -t my_trail_file The following example starts the Audit daemon and specifies where each level of serviceability messages is going to be routed. $ auditd -w FATAL:FILE:/dev/console -w NOTICE:FILE:/opt/dcelocal/var/audit/adm/svc_log The following example starts the Audit daemon and specifies the debugging level. $ auditd -d 1,esl.9 RELATED INFORMATION
aud(1m), audevents(1m), audfilter(1m), audtrail(1m), dcecp(1m). auditd(1m)