Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Verify Hard Drive was swapped Post 302716395 by bartus11 on Tuesday 16th of October 2012 09:53:19 AM
Old 10-16-2012
Check "showlogs" command in ALOM. Also /var/adm/messages should contain some warning messages about HDDx being removed/inserted.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I Want To Automount My Hard Drive!!!

:confused: Im as newbie as they come....... I just loaded Red Hat 8.0 on my computer. I have a second hard drive that i reformatted with a Fat32 so I could share it with my XP and Linux partions....... I have like 4000 mp3's on it and i would like to get it to auto mount when Linux boots....? Or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mynameiskyle
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

reading the hard drive

I have suns machine that holds two hard drives. I only used one. I tryed to make a lan network with my windows xp. When I tryed to restart the machine it wanted to a password. when before I just typed root to log in. So i edited the etc dir. big mistake. So now the machine will not read the hard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: victbla
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to copy old hard drive to new hard drive.

:confused: ........I have a new hard drive and I need to copy ALL info from the old to the new. I would like to use the dd command. I know the command is as follows...... dd if=/dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s0 of=/dev/rdsk/???????? Where I have the question marks is the problem. How do I find out what the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

The best partitioning schem for a 250GB Sata hard drive & a 75GB SCSI hard drive

Hi I have 2 75GB SCSI hard drives and 2 250GB SATA hard drives which are using RAID Level 1 respectively. I wana have both FTP and Apache installed on them as services. I'm wondering what's the best partitioning schem? I wana use FC3 as my OS, so, I thought I can use the 75GB hard drive as the /... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbijan
0 Replies

5. Solaris

wiping hard drive

I'm looking for a utility that will wipe data clean from a Solaris hard drive and make the data unreadable and unrecoverable. Any suggestions? Does SUN have something? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Hard Drive error

I have a hard drive that we are trying to jumpstart in a sunblad 1500. we keep getting errors. I placed the drive in my 1500. I want to wipe the drive clean because for some reason it has a partition table. and when i go to format and try to format the drive it says it can not use a program. is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
5 Replies

7. SCO

I need a help with accessing the hard drive

Hello guys, I have got from a friend a hard disk which was used in the SCO OpenServer. He needs some data from it. I have no clue how to copy its content with Linux or Windows-I have tried few Linux distros but the result is always the same-the file system is not recognized so can't be mounted.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kataro
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Corrupted Hard Drive

I am running FC-7 which I realize is an older distro. But my question would apply to any distro. I ran fsck on my mounted file system (I know, I shouldn't have). Now it won't boot. I get a kernel panic message. I booted to a Knoppix Live Cd. The desktop icon shows /dev/sda2 mounted at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2buck56
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

External hard drive

I have connected an external hard drive. I can't find it. Both ls /media, fdisk -l and ls /dev show nothing. TIA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
3 Replies
dpkg-vendor(1)							    dpkg suite							    dpkg-vendor(1)

NAME
dpkg-vendor - queries information about distribution vendors SYNOPSIS
dpkg-vendor [option...] command DESCRIPTION
dpkg-vendor is a tool to query information about vendors listed in /etc/dpkg/origins. /etc/dpkg/origins/default contains information about the current vendor. COMMANDS
--is vendor Exits with 0 if the current vendor is vendor. Otherwise exits with non-zero. --derives-from vendor Exits with 0 if the current vendor distribution is a derivative of vendor, otherwise exits with non-zero. It uses the "Parent" field to browse all ancestors of the current vendor. --query field Print on standard output the value of the vendor-specific field for the current vendor. --help Show the usage message and exit. --version Show the version and exit. OPTIONS
--vendor vendor Assumes the current vendor is vendor instead of discovering it with the DEB_VENDOR environment variable or /etc/dpkg/ori- gins/default. ENVIRONMENT
DEB_VENDOR This setting defines the current vendor. If not set, it will discover the current vendor by reading /etc/dpkg/origins/default. AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2009 Raphael Hertzog This is free software; see the GNU General Public Licence version 2 or later for copying conditions. There is NO WARRANTY. Debian Project 2009-05-10 dpkg-vendor(1)