Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Verify Hard Drive was swapped Post 302716395 by bartus11 on Tuesday 16th of October 2012 09:53:19 AM
Old 10-16-2012
Check "showlogs" command in ALOM. Also /var/adm/messages should contain some warning messages about HDDx being removed/inserted.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I Want To Automount My Hard Drive!!!

:confused: Im as newbie as they come....... I just loaded Red Hat 8.0 on my computer. I have a second hard drive that i reformatted with a Fat32 so I could share it with my XP and Linux partions....... I have like 4000 mp3's on it and i would like to get it to auto mount when Linux boots....? Or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mynameiskyle
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

reading the hard drive

I have suns machine that holds two hard drives. I only used one. I tryed to make a lan network with my windows xp. When I tryed to restart the machine it wanted to a password. when before I just typed root to log in. So i edited the etc dir. big mistake. So now the machine will not read the hard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: victbla
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to copy old hard drive to new hard drive.

:confused: ........I have a new hard drive and I need to copy ALL info from the old to the new. I would like to use the dd command. I know the command is as follows...... dd if=/dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s0 of=/dev/rdsk/???????? Where I have the question marks is the problem. How do I find out what the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

The best partitioning schem for a 250GB Sata hard drive & a 75GB SCSI hard drive

Hi I have 2 75GB SCSI hard drives and 2 250GB SATA hard drives which are using RAID Level 1 respectively. I wana have both FTP and Apache installed on them as services. I'm wondering what's the best partitioning schem? I wana use FC3 as my OS, so, I thought I can use the 75GB hard drive as the /... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbijan
0 Replies

5. Solaris

wiping hard drive

I'm looking for a utility that will wipe data clean from a Solaris hard drive and make the data unreadable and unrecoverable. Any suggestions? Does SUN have something? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Hard Drive error

I have a hard drive that we are trying to jumpstart in a sunblad 1500. we keep getting errors. I placed the drive in my 1500. I want to wipe the drive clean because for some reason it has a partition table. and when i go to format and try to format the drive it says it can not use a program. is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
5 Replies

7. SCO

I need a help with accessing the hard drive

Hello guys, I have got from a friend a hard disk which was used in the SCO OpenServer. He needs some data from it. I have no clue how to copy its content with Linux or Windows-I have tried few Linux distros but the result is always the same-the file system is not recognized so can't be mounted.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kataro
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Corrupted Hard Drive

I am running FC-7 which I realize is an older distro. But my question would apply to any distro. I ran fsck on my mounted file system (I know, I shouldn't have). Now it won't boot. I get a kernel panic message. I booted to a Knoppix Live Cd. The desktop icon shows /dev/sda2 mounted at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2buck56
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

External hard drive

I have connected an external hard drive. I can't find it. Both ls /media, fdisk -l and ls /dev show nothing. TIA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
3 Replies
Dpkg::Vendor::Default(3)					   libdpkg-perl 					  Dpkg::Vendor::Default(3)

NAME
Dpkg::Vendor::Default - default vendor object DESCRIPTION
A vendor object is used to provide vendor specific behaviour in various places. This is the default object used in case there's none for the current vendor or in case the vendor could not be identified (see Dpkg::Vendor documentation). It provides some hooks that are called by various dpkg-* tools. If you need a new hook, please file a bug against dpkg-dev and explain your need. Note that the hook API has no guaranty to be stable over an extended period. If you run an important distribution that makes use of vendor hooks, you'd better submit them for integration so that we avoid breaking your code. FUNCTIONS
$vendor_obj = Dpkg::Vendor::Default->new() Creates the default vendor object. Can be inherited by all vendor objects if they don't need any specific initialization at object creation time. $vendor_obj->run_hook($id, @params) Run the corresponding hook. The parameters are hook-specific. The supported hooks are: before-source-build ($srcpkg) The first parameter is a Dpkg::Source::Package object. The hook is called just before the execution of $srcpkg->build(). keyrings () The hook is called when dpkg-source is checking a signature on a source package. It takes no parameters, but returns a (possibly empty) list of vendor-specific keyrings. register-custom-fields () The hook is called in Dpkg::Control::Fields to register custom fields. You should return a list of arrays. Each array is an operation to perform. The first item is the name of the operation and corresponds to a field_* function provided by Dpkg::Control::Fields. The remaining fields are the parameters that are passed unchanged to the corresponding function. Known operations are "register", "insert_after" and "insert_before". post-process-changelog-entry ($fields) The hook is called in Dpkg::Changelog to post-process a Dpkg::Changelog::Entry after it has been created and filled with the appropriate values. update-buildflags ($flags) The hook is called in Dpkg::BuildFlags to allow the vendor to override the default values set for the various build flags. $flags is a Dpkg::BuildFlags object. 1.16.15 2014-06-05 Dpkg::Vendor::Default(3)