Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LDAP authentication
Operating Systems AIX LDAP authentication Post 302716231 by Nand1010_MA on Tuesday 16th of October 2012 05:20:26 AM
Old 10-16-2012
Thanks.. We had the library for 32 bit OS. We copied the library from /opt/IBM/ldap/V6.3/lib64/libibmldapn.a and that worked Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Module for LDAP Authentication

Hello Everyone, I have enabled LDAP authentication on my Web script by adding the list of valid users in /etc/apach2/default-server.conf. However, I now want to retrieve the username of the person that logs in. How can I do that? Is there any such module? Regards, Harsha (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
0 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

LDAP authentication question

Hello, I have a Linux box with RHEL4 running on it. The box is meant to be on the DMZ. There is a directory on the box that will be remotely from time to time and I want a form of authentication on it. Presently, I have configured Basic authentication with apache but the security is not tight. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bptronics
1 Replies

3. Linux

Hello, I have a Linux box with RHEL4 running on it. The box is meant to be on the DMZ. There is a directory on the box that will be remotely from time to time and I want a form of authentication on it. Presently, I have configured Basic authentication with apache but the security is not tight. I... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

1 Replies

5. HP-UX

HpUx and ldap Authentication

Hi to all, i try to configure an HpUx 11.23 to use a Sun Directory Server to authenticate in system. In my ldap the users is posixAccount. I read in www that there is a sotware called LDAPUX but it use a profile, and it requires a change that i can't execute in my ldap because it is used also... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suuuper
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LDAP Authentication AND Authorization

I see a lot of thread on LDAP Authentication but I want to enable LDAP Authentication with Authorization. Meaning, removing the user ID's and groups from the local servers and move them to an LDAP server. When a user logs in (via LDAP) they will be given their group memberships and access to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottsl
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

CVS ldap authentication

I am trying to convert all my redhat servers over to ldap. I have solved almost all the probems but am having trouble getting cvs pserver to authenticate. I'm running redhat 4. Just patched everything the other day. cvs is cvs-1.11.17-9.1.el4_7.1. Any suggestions would be welcome. Obviously... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhtrice
1 Replies

8. Solaris

LDAP authentication

Hi folks, i have opends 1.2 manually installed subversion 1.4.3 and apache2 updated by package manager. i want to access svn using LDAP authentication its giving an error: ldap_simple_bind_s() failed. what could be the problem. i wrote some text at the end of httpd.conf fpr ldap... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: visu_buri
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Authentication with LDAP in opensolaris

Hi all, I have two virtual machines, one with Suse and another with opensolaris 2009.06. The ldap server is in the Suse machine. From my opensolaris, with command ldalist i can see the information about the ldap configuration, i mean, the dn: ou:.... if i type id <ldapuser> i can see the user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: checoturco
0 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

LDAP and AD Authentication Query

Hi Friends, I have below scenarios . dom1.test.com - LDAP dom2.test.com - AD Requirement is establish a trust relation between LDAP and AD server in such a way that if any user login on LDAP managed authentication server with dom1\username -> get authenticated by LDAP host ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
2 Replies
Net::LDAP::Extension::WhoAmI(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Net::LDAP::Extension::WhoAmI(3pm)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Extension::WhoAmI - LDAP "Who am I?" Operation SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP; use Net::LDAP::Extension::WhoAmI; $ldap = Net::LDAP->new( "ldap.mydomain.eg" ); $ldap->bind('cn=Joe User,cn=People,dc=example,dc=com", password => 'secret'); $mesg = $ldap->who_am_i(); die "error: ", $mesg->code(), ": ", $mesg->error() if ($mesg->code()); print "you are bound with authzId ", $mesg->response(), " "; DESCRIPTION
"Net::LDAP::Extension::WhoAmI" implements the "Who am I?" extended LDAPv3 operation as described in RFC 4532. It implements no object by itself but extends the Net::LDAP object by another method: METHODS
who_am_i Obtain the authorization identity which the server has associated with the user or application entity. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Extension AUTHOR
Norbert Klasen <norbert.klasen@avinci.de>, Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-29 Net::LDAP::Extension::WhoAmI(3pm)