Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting what is the better way to validate records in a file. Post 302716223 by Seshendranath on Tuesday 16th of October 2012 05:21:55 AM
Old 10-16-2012
i am getting table definition(cloumn size) from database which i hav to fetch ..i am giving the values!!!@bmk

---------- Post updated at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:45 PM ----------

@Scrutinizer can u explain me the code plzs

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

validate the file name

write a shell script that check file name like pstat_24.txt (up to 5 digits) i mean to say this digit can be range from 1 to 99999 only correct file name are pstat_10000.txt pstat_12345.txt pstat_14569.txt wrong file name are pstat_1234567.txt pstat_1a2345.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maykap100
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to validate a CSV file?

Hi. I think some people have already asked this, but the answers/questions seem to be about validating the contents inside a CSV file. I am simply after a simple variable solution (ie 0 = false, 1 = true) that I can use in my script to say that file so-and-so is actually a CSV file, or in some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElCaito
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

validate against a file

Hello all, I am having problem in writing a if condition for the following: I have a file Instance.dat which has: #Server Environment server1 dev server2 dev server3 sit #!/bin/ksh ENV=dev for i in $( cat Instances.dat | grep -v '#' |awk {'print $2'} ) do if ]... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count No of Records in File without counting Header and Trailer Records

I have a flat file and need to count no of records in the file less the header and the trailer record. I would appreciate any and all asistance Thanks Hadi Lalani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guiguy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate the file

How do we validate the header file. The file number should increament by 1 (position 17 to 19) if not abend the process. first week ABC0001 20100101123 second week ABC0001 20100108124 Third week ABC0001 20100115125 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep specific records from a file of records that are separated by an empty line

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to Linux stuff. I have this kind of problem which couldn't solve alone. I have a text file with records separated by empty lines like this: ID: 20 Name: X Age: 19 ID: 21 Name: Z ID: 22 Email: xxx@yahoo.com Name: Y Age: 19 I want to grep records that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting duplicate records from file 1 if records from file 2 match

I have 2 files "File 1" is delimited by ";" and "File 2" is delimited by "|". File 1 below (3 record shown): Doc1;03/01/2012;New York;6 Main Street;Mr. Smith 1;Mr. Jones Doc2;03/01/2012;Syracuse;876 Broadway;John Davis;Barbara Lull Doc3;03/01/2012;Buffalo;779 Old Windy Road;Charles... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vestport
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Wanted best way to validate delimited file records

actually i post about this issue before but many folkz miss-understood with my quesion, We are checking for the delimited file records validation Delimited file will have data like this: Aaaa|sdfhxfgh|sdgjhxfgjh|sdgjsdg|sgdjsg| Aaaa|sdfhxfgh|sdgjhxfgjh|sdgjsdg|sgdjsg|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seshendranath
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate records of a file on 2 types of records

Hi I am new to shell programming in unix Please if I can provide help. I have a file structure of a header record and "N" detail records. The header record will be the total number of detail records I need to split the file in 2: One for the header Another for all detail records Could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamcogar
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Validate csv file

Hi guys, i want to validate the no.of colums in a csv file ,but if there is a comma(,) in any of the data values it should skip and count only valid (,) commas. e.g 1.abc,pqrs,1234,567,hhh result :4 2.abc,pqrs,1234,567,hhh,"in,valid",end12 result:6 here script should skip the comma inside... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harry123
10 Replies
OTFDUMP(1)							   User Commands							OTFDUMP(1)

NAME
otfdump - otfdump DESCRIPTION
otfdump - convert otf traces or parts of it into a human readable, long version Options: -h, --help show this help message -V show OTF version -f <n> set max number of filehandles available (default: 50) -o <file> output file if the ouput file is unspecified the stdout will be used --num <a> <b> output only records no. [a,b] --time <a> <b> output only records with time stamp in [a,b] --nodef omit definition records --noevent omit event records --nostat omit statistic records --nosnap omit snapshot records --nomarker omit marker records --nokeyvalue omit key-value pairs --fullkeyvalue show key-value pairs including the contents of byte-arrays --procs <a> show only processes <a> <a> is a space-seperated list of process-tokens --records <a> show only records <a> <a> is a space-seperated list of record-type-numbers record-type-numbers can be found in OTF_Definitions.h (OTF_*_RECORD) -s, --silent do not display anything except the time otfdump needed to read the tracefile otfdump 1.10.2 May 2012 OTFDUMP(1)