Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Looping inside directories based on a file which contains file directory list Post 302716173 by RudiC on Tuesday 16th of October 2012 04:25:40 AM
Old 10-16-2012
Not clear. How do you tell dirs from files? Always four dirs? Where do you get the patterns to grep for? Be more specific. What have you tried so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list file's by size order in sepecfied directory and sub directories

How do I list files of type "*.file" for example by size order recursively ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ferretman
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to delete a file based on existing file in a directory

hi i am having four files in a directory.like 1)sampleRej 2)exampleRej 3)samplemain 4)examplemain my requirement is i have to search for the rejected files (sampleRej,exampleRej) in a directory.if these files in that directory then i have to delete the main files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating separate directories according to file extension and keeping file in different directory as

unix program to which a directory name will be passed as parameter. This directory will contain files with various extensions. This script will create directories with the names of the extention of the files and then put the files in the corresponding folder. All files which do not have any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deekay.p
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create a file inside a directory

create a file inside a directory in one command like current directory is root i want to create a directory inside root and a file inside that directory is there any command like touch /d/d.txt d directory does not exist (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhisheklodha13
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compressing all directories inside a directory and remove the uncompressed version

hi pls give me a script to compress all directories inside a directory and remove the original uncompressed version... >> please also tell the single commmand to uncompress all the directories back...whemn needed (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List directories and count files inside

I'm trying to make a script that will list all directories under a selection as well as the number of files in each. I cannot get it to work under a symbolic link. The file structure is: XXX_20131127_001 dir01 (sym link) 2404x912 file.0000.xxx to ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting all the subdirectories inside directories in excel file

Can anyone help me with a short command or script for the below scenario there is a path, /a/b/c/home?? Inside the above path there are number of subdirectories such as one two three four i need to take all the subdirectories inside home?? with full path. i need only one level of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete all the files and folders inside all the directories except some specific directory?

hi, i have a requirement to delete all the files from all the directories except some specific directories like archive and log. for example: there are following directories such as A B C D Archive E Log F which contains some sub directories and files. The requirement is to delete all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a file in all directories and place the file in that directory

Hi All, Daily I am getting the updated file. I have to search for this file in all directories and sub directories. If the file existed in a particular directory then move this updated file to that particular directory. If the file is not existed in any of the directories then place this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
4 Replies
OPANNOTATE(1)						      General Commands Manual						     OPANNOTATE(1)

NAME
opannotate - produce source or assembly annotated with profile data SYNOPSIS
opannotate [ options ] [profile specification] DESCRIPTION
opannotate outputs annotated source and/or assembly from profile data of an OProfile session. See oprofile(1) for how to write profile specifications. OPTIONS
--assembly / -a Output annotated assembly. If this is combined with --source, then mixed source / assembly annotations are output. --demangle / -D none|smart|normal none: no demangling. normal: use default demangler (default) smart: use pattern-matching to make C++ symbol demangling more read- able. --exclude-dependent / -x Do not include application-specific images for libraries, kernel modules and the kernel. This option only makes sense if the profile session used --separate. --exclude-file [files] Exclude all files in the given comma-separated list of glob patterns. --exclude-symbols / -e [symbols] Exclude all the symbols in the given comma-separated list. --help / -? / --usage Show help message. --image-path / -p [paths] Comma-separated list of additional paths to search for binaries. This is needed to find modules in kernels 2.6 and upwards. --root / -R [path] A path to a filesystem to search for additional binaries. --include-file [files] Only include files in the given comma-separated list of glob patterns. --include-symbols / -i [symbols] Only include symbols in the given comma-separated list. --objdump-params [params] Pass the given parameters as extra values when calling objdump. --output-dir / -o [dir] Output directory. This makes opannotate output one annotated file for each source file. This option can't be used in conjunction with --assembly. --search-dirs / -d [paths] Comma-separated list of paths to search for source files. You may need to use this option when the debug information for an image contains relative paths. --base-dirs / -b [paths] Comma-separated list of paths to strip from debug source files, prior to looking for them in --search-dirs. --session-dir=dir_path Use sample database out of directory dir_path instead of the default location (/var/lib/oprofile). --source / -s Output annotated source. This requires debugging information to be available for the binaries. --threshold / -t [percentage] Only output data for symbols that have more than the given percentage of total samples. --verbose / -V [options] Give verbose debugging output. --version / -v Show version. ENVIRONMENT
No special environment variables are recognised by opannotate. FILES
/var/lib/oprofile/samples/ The location of the generated sample files. VERSION
This man page is current for oprofile-0.9.6. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/oprofile/, oprofile(1) 4th Berkeley Distribution Tue 06 July 2010 OPANNOTATE(1)