Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Want to delete directory, subdirectories and all files which are older than 7 days Post 302716161 by vinodkmpal on Tuesday 16th of October 2012 04:06:44 AM
Old 10-16-2012
Want to delete directory, subdirectories and all files which are older than 7 days

how do i remove sub directories of a directory and all files which are older than 7 days by a single command in AIX. pls help me.

I am using command as

Code:
#find /gpfs1/home/vinod/hpc/ -depth -type d -mtime +7 -exec rm -rf {} \;

so i want to delete all sub directories and all files from the hpc dir. which are older than 7 days.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Use code tags, thanks.

Last edited by zaxxon; 10-17-2012 at 03:30 AM.. Reason: code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete files older than 7 days

can anyone tell me how I would write a script in ksh on AIX that will delete files in a directory older than 7 days? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I delete files older than 7 days?

I will like to write a script that delete all files that are older than 7 days in a directory and it's subdirectories. Can any one help me out witht the magic command or script? Thanks in advance, Odogboly98:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files older than 30 days

This is driving me crazy. How can I delete files in a specifc directory that are over 30 days old? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlphillips
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files more than 15 days older

i have to delete files which are older than 15 days or more except the ones in the directory Current and also *.sh files i have found the command for files 15 days or more older find . -type f -mtime +15 -exec ls -ltr {} \; but how to implement the logic to avoid directory Current and also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Delete files older than 30 days

Hi all, I want to delete log files with extension .log which are older than 30 days. How to delete those files? Operating system -- Sun solaris 10 Your input is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards, Williams (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: William1482
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than X days.

Hi All, I am using below code to delete files older than 2 days. In case if there are no files, I should log an error saying no files to delete. Please let me know, How I can achive this. find /path/*.xml -mtime +2 Thanks and Regards Nagaraja. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than 10 Days in a directory

Hi All I want to remove the files with name like data*.csv from the directory older than 10 days. If there is no files exists to remove older than 10 days, It should not do anything. Thanks Jo (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshjohney
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete 5 days older files from sftp

As one of our requirement was to connect to remote Linux server through SFTP connection and delete some files which are older than 7 days. I used the below piece of code for that, SFTP_CONNECTION=`sftp user_id@host ... cd DESIRED_DIR; find /path/to/files* -mtime +5 -exec rm -rf {} \;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ATWC
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete 5 days older files from sftp

As one of our requirement was to connect to remote Linux server through SFTP connection and delete some files which are older than 7 days. I used the below piece of code for that, SFTP_CONNECTION=`sftp user_id@host ... cd DESIRED_DIR; find /path/to/files* -mtime +5 -exec rm -rf {} \; bye... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ATWC
2 Replies
MKNMZ(1)							  Namazu Project							  MKNMZ(1)

NAME
mknmz - an indexer of Namazu SYNOPSIS
mknmz [options] <target>... DESCRIPTION
mknmz 2.0.21, an indexer of Namazu. Target files: -a, --all target all files. -t, --media-type=MTYPE set the media type for all target files to MTYPE. -h, --mailnews same as --media-type='message/rfc822' --mhonarc same as --media-type='text/html; x-type=mhonarc' -F, --target-list=FILE load FILE which contains a list of target files. --allow=PATTERN set PATTERN for file names which should be allowed. --deny=PATTERN set PATTERN for file names which should be denied. --exclude=PATTERN set PATTERN for pathnames which should be excluded. -e, --robots exclude HTML files containing <meta name="ROBOTS" content="NOINDEX"> -M, --meta handle HTML meta tags for field-specified search. -r, --replace=CODE set CODE for replacing URI. --html-split split an HTML file with <a name="..."> anchors. --mtime=NUM limit by mtime just like find(1)'s -mtime option. e.g., -50 for recent 50 days, +50 for older than 50. Morphological Analysis: -b, --use-mecab use MeCab for analyzing Japanese. -c, --use-chasen use ChaSen for analyzing Japanese. -k, --use-kakasi use KAKASI for analyzing Japanese. -m, --use-chasen-noun use ChaSen for extracting only nouns. -L, --indexing-lang=LANG index with language specific processing. Text Operations: -E, --no-edge-symbol remove symbols on edge of word. -G, --no-okurigana remove Okurigana in word. -H, --no-hiragana ignore words consist of Hiragana only. -K, --no-symbol remove symbols. --decode-base64 decode base64 bodies within multipart entities. Summarization: -U, --no-encode-uri do not encode URI. -x, --no-heading-summary do not make summary with HTML's headings. Index Construction: --update=INDEX set INDEX for updating. -z, --check-filesize detect file size changed. -Y, --no-delete do not detect removed documents. -Z, --no-update do not detect update and deleted documents. Miscellaneous: -s, --checkpoint turn on the checkpoint mechanism. -C, --show-config show the current configuration. -f, --config=FILE use FILE as a config file. -I, --include=FILE include your customization FILE. -O, --output-dir=DIR set DIR to output the index. -T, --template-dir=DIR set DIR having NMZ.{head,foot,body}.*. -q, --quiet suppress status messages during execution. -v, --version show the version of namazu and exit. -V, --verbose be verbose. -d, --debug be debug mode. --help show this help and exit. --norc do not read the personal initialization files. -- Terminate option list. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://www.namazu.org/trac-namazu/trac.cgi> or <bug-namazu@namazu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-1999 Satoru Takabayashi All rights reserved. Copyright (C) 2000-2009 Namazu Project All rights reserved. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. mknmz of Namazu 2.0.21 July 2011 MKNMZ(1)