Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Read from a file in unix
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read from a file in unix Post 302716057 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 16th of October 2012 02:07:17 AM
Old 10-16-2012
Code:
awk -F'[]=[]' '$2==t{p=1} p && $1==f{print $2; exit}' t=Run f=user infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file read + unix script

hi, how can i read line by line from a file using unix shalle script? Thanks and Regards Vivek.S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do u open a read only file in Unix?

How do u open a read only file in Unix? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JosephGerard
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read from a .dat file in Unix

Hi All, I have a .dat file named test.dat where I have stored some process IDs. Now I need to pick a process ID, one by one and then fire kill -9 for each of those. The logic should be: 1. open file <filename.dat> 2. read until last line of file 3. if process ID is found fire kill -9... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sibasish
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read a file in unix using do....done loop

Hi , can some give me idea about how to use do...done while loop in UNIX to read the contents of a file.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenusola
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read from a file in unix

I have one file data.txt. This data.txt file contain "no of head=3" string. From a shell script I want to check whether data.txt file contains "no of head" string or not, if yes then want to fetch the value 3 and store it in a variable. Anyone plz help me. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Ms-excel file in unix

Hi, I have the Ms Excel file(test.xls) in my UNIX box. I would like to read the excel file and create files for each column. Please find an example. My excel file like this data: Num Data 1 a1 2 b2 3 c3 4 d4 5 e5 6 f6 7 h7 My output: I want create 2 files(num.log and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i read a non text file in unix - ELF-64 executable object file - IA64

The binary file is ELF-64 executable object file - IA64. How i know that the source is Is there any comamnd in unix i can read these kind of files or use a thirty party software? Thanks for your help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read only the first two values from a file in unix

Hi, I'm new to unix.. I need to read only the first two values from a file that contains many data....My record is like this FTG_ver_num=7.0 RUN_ID=2 $$tgt_envrnmt_cd=FTG $$WRK_FLW_CD=NPL I need oly the values of ETG_ver_num and RUN_ID. i.e) output to be 7.0 and 2 The code i used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghulshekar
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File read from UNIX to Oracle

hi all, I have flat file in unix. By using sql loader i need to import the data from the flat file. I have created a control file, table with the below data structure and pasted the sample input file. I am not sure whether it is a right way to do it. can anyone provide the thought on this. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)