Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed replace using same pattern repeating multiple times in a line Post 302715975 by Don Cragun on Monday 15th of October 2012 09:01:33 PM
Old 10-15-2012
OK. The following should work with any sed that conforms to the standards:
Code:
sed 's|/\*<\([^>]*\)>\*/[^.]*.|/*<\1>*/${\1}.|g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Replace Line which contains the Pattern match with a new line

I need to replace the line containing "STAGE_DB" with the line "STAGE_DB $DB # database that contains the table being loaded ($workingDB)" Here $DB is passed during the runtime. How can I do this? Thanks, Kousikan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kousikan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Replace a repeating character

I have a text file and every line ends in |^ |^^ |^^^ |^^^^ I need to use sed to make all lines end it |^ regardless of the amount of carrots. The code i was using is: cat FILE | sed 's/\^\^\^/\^/g' But then they threw that curveball at me. Also is there a way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insania
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Replace repeating pattern

Hi, I have an sqlplus output file using the character ';' as a delimiter and I would like to replace the fields without datas (i.e delimited by ';;') by ';0;' Example: my sqlplus output: 11;22;33;44;;;77;; What I would like to have: 11;22;33;44;0;0;77;0; Thanks in advance for your... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popesk
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace everything but pattern in a line using sed

I have a file with multiple lines like this: <junk><PATTERN><junk><PATTERN><junk> <junk><PATTERN><junk><PATTERN><junk><PATTERN><junk> Note that 1. There might be variable number occurrences of PATTERN in a line. 2. <> are just placeholders, they do not form part of the pattern. I need... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flatley
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to know how to replace a line after a pattern match with an empty line using SED

Hi How Are you? I am doing fine! I need to go now? I will see you tomorrow! Basically I need to replace the entire line containing "doing" with a blank line: I need to the following output: Hi How Are you? I need to go now? I will see you tomorrow! Thanks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk/perl command to replace pattern in multiple lines

Hi I know sed and awk has options to give range of line numbers, but I need to replace pattern in specific lines Something like sed -e '1s,14s,26s/pattern/new pattern/' file name Can somebody help me in this.... I am fine with see/awk/perl Thank you in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani777
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple line search, replace second line, using awk or sed

All, I appreciate any help you can offer here as this is well beyond my grasp of awk/sed... I have an input file similar to: &LOG &LOG Part: "@DB/TC10000021855/--F" &LOG &LOG &LOG Part: "@DB/TC10000021852/--F" &LOG Cloning_Action: RETAIN &LOG Part: "@DB/TCCP000010713/--A" &LOG &LOG... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarmaPoliceT2
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Indexing each repeating pattern of rows in a column using awk/sed

Hello All, I have data like this in a column. 0 1 2 3 0 3 4 5 6 0 1 2 3 etc. where 0 identifies the start of a pattern in my data. So I need the output like below using either awk/sed. 0 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace one value which occurs multiple times

Hi, My Input File : "MN.1.2.1.2.14.1.1" := "MN_13_TM_4" ( 000000110110100100110001111110110110101110101001100111110100011010110111001 ) "MOS.1.2.1.2.13.6.2" := "MOS_13_TM_4" ( 000000110110100100110001111110110110101110101001100111110100011010110111001 ) Like above template,I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Chandra
4 Replies
Locale::Language(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Locale::Language(3)

NAME
Locale::Language - standard codes for language identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Language; $lang = code2language('en'); # $lang gets 'English' $code = language2code('French'); # $code gets 'fr' @codes = all_language_codes(); @names = all_language_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Language" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying languages, such as those as defined in ISO 639. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639 two- letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying languages. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lang = code2language('en','alpha-2'); $lang = code2language('en',LOCALE_LANG_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha-2, LOCALE_LANG_ALPHA_2 This is the set of two-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-1, such as 'he' for Hebrew. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. This is the default code set. alpha-3, LOCALE_LANG_ALPHA_3 This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) bibliographic codes from ISO 639-2 and 639-5, such as 'heb' for Hebrew. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. term, LOCALE_LANG_TERM This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) terminologic codes from ISO 639. ROUTINES
code2language ( CODE [,CODESET] ) language2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) language_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_language_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_language_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Language::rename_language ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::add_language ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::delete_language ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::add_language_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Language::delete_language_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Language::rename_language_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::add_language_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::delete_language_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/ Source of the ISO 639-2 codes. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/ Source of the ISO 639-5 codes. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-03 Locale::Language(3)