Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk or sed one liner
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers awk or sed one liner Post 302715913 by jimmyf on Monday 15th of October 2012 04:30:07 PM
Old 10-15-2012
its echoing back everything

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk/Sed One liner for text replacement

Hi group, I want to replace the occurance of a particular text in a paragraph.I tried with Sed,but Sed only displays the result on the screen.How can i update the changes in the original file??? The solution should be a one liner using awk and sed. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishnu.bhatta
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with a sed one liner variant - sed 's/ ; /|/g' $TMP1 > $TMP

Execution of the following segment is giving the error - Script extract:- OUT=$DATADIR/sol_rsult_orphn.bcp TMP1=${OUT}_tmp1 TMP=${OUT}_tmp ( isql -w 400 $dbConnect_OPR <<EOF select convert(char(10), s.lead_id) +'|' + s.pho_loc_type, ";", s.sol_rsult_cmnt, ";", +'|'+ s.del_ind... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzmatam
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED | Awk flat file one liner

sed awk one liner (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jap2614
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an awk / sed / or perl one-liner to remove last 4 characters with non-unique pattern.

Hi, I'm writing a ksh script and trying to use an awk / sed / or perl one-liner to remove the last 4 characters of a line in a file if it begins with a period. Here is the contents of the file... the column in which I want to remove the last 4 characters is the last column. ($6 in awk). I've... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with sed one liner

hey everyone, I want to remove some characters from a string that i have with sed. For example if my string is: a0=bus a1=car a2=truck I want my output to look like this: bus car truck So i want to delete the two characters before the = and including the =. This is what i came up with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GmGeubt
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

renaming multiple files using sed or awk one liner

hi, I have a directory "test" under which there are 3 files a.txt,b.txt and c.txt. I need to rename those files to a.pl,b.pl and c.pl respectively. is it possible to achieve this in a sed or awk one liner? i have searched but many of them are scripts. I need to do this in a one liner. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

One liner pattern search with awk/sed/grep

I have an array containing bunch of characters. I have to check this array for specific character and if "Not Found than" use a goto statement to go to USAGE set options = (A B C D E F) @ i = 0 while ($i <= ${#options}) if ($options != "F" || $options != "D") then goto USAGE endif @... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dixits
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed one-liner

I have a data base of part numbers: AAA Thing1 BBB Thing2 CCC Thing3 File one is a list of part numbers: AAA234 BBB678 CCC2345 Is there a sed one-line that would compare a data base with and replace the part numbers so that the output looks like this? AAA234 Thing1 BBB678 Thing2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
5 Replies
DMX(3)							     Library Functions Manual							    DMX(3)

NAME
DMX - X Window System DMX (Distributed Multihead X) extension DESCRIPTION
The DMX extension provides support for communication with and control of Xdmx(1) server. Attributes of the Xdmx(1) server and of the back- end screens attached to the server can be queried and modified via this protocol. SUMMARY OF LIBRARY FUNCTIONS
The following is a summary of DMX library functions: DMXQueryExtension(3) - determine if DMX is available DMXQueryVersion(3) - determine DMX extension version DMXSync(3) - flush protocol requests between Xdmx(1) and back-end X servers DMXForceWindowCreation(3) - force immediate back-end window creation DMXGetScreenCount(3) - determine number of back-end screens DMXGetScreenAttributes(3) - determine back-end screen attributes DMXChangeScreensAttributes(3) - change back-end screen attributes DMXAddScreen(3) - attach a new back-end screen DMXRemoveScreen(3) - detach a back-end screen DMXGetWindowAttributes(3) - determine back-end window attributes DMXGetDesktopAttributes(3) - determine global bounding box DMXChangeDesktopAttributes(3) - change global bounding box DMXGetInputCount(3) - determine number of input devices DMXGetInputAttributes(3) - determine input device attributes DMXAddInput(3) - attach a new backend or console input DMXRemoveInput(3) - detach an input DMXAddBackendInput(3) - attach a new back-end input DMXAddConsoleInput(3) - attach a new console input Each of these functions is described in its own man page. SEE ALSO
Xdmx(1), xdmxconfig(1), vdltodmx(1) X Version 11 libdmx 1.1.2 DMX(3)