Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Solved] SQL SELECT REPLACE
Top Forums Programming [Solved] SQL SELECT REPLACE Post 302715771 by Corona688 on Monday 15th of October 2012 11:06:38 AM
Old 10-15-2012
I see no reason to delete your post, you asked a question and got a useful answer, future people with the same question may find this thread useful.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting the sql select result

Hi, I have about 12 columns and 15 rows to be retrived from sybase isql command through unix. But when i output the sql into a file and see it, the formatting is going for a toss. can someone please suggest how can i get the result correctly in the output file ? Thanks, Sateesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
2 Replies

2. Web Development

SQL Select inside Insert

I have following. . . . $userid = 2 . $query = "select username from users where userid = ".$userid.";"; . $username = $line; $data="Some Data Here"; . $query = "insert into logger (username, data) valuse ($username, $data);"; . I would like to not have 2 database calls. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Select and awk

Dear All , I have file1.txt contain values like the following: ---------- 23 24 25 and I have shell script which has the following : more file1.txt | awk '{print "select 'DUMP',CODE1||'|'||CODE2||'|'||CODE3 from CODE where CODE1='" $1 "';"}' > file2.sql all I need is to have the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select SQL Queries Option

count.sh#!/bin/ksh SQL1=`sqlplus -s usr/pwd @count.sql $1 $2 $3` SQL2=`sqlplus -s usr/pwd @selectall.sql $1 $2 $3` LIST="Count Select_All" select i in $LIST do if then echo $SQL1 elif then echo $SQL2 fi done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killboy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using SELECT sql statement in shell script

Hi there I have a database on a remote box and i have been using shell script to insert data into it for example, i could have a script that did this SN=123456 n=server1 m=x4140 sql="UPDATE main SET hostname='$n',model='$m' WHERE serial='$SN';" echo $sql |/usr/sfw/bin/mysql -h... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL select all but not if it is already in an other column

I know I know.. for sure one of the easier mysql statements. But somehow I can not figure out this. I expect to see all distinct items of 'data_12' where 'kwroot' has 'straxx' in, and in the same row 'data_12' ist (not = 'kwsearched' in any existing row) data_12 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Select the columns which have value greater than particular number

i have a file of the form 9488 14392 1 1.8586e-07 5702 7729 1 1.8586e-07 9048 14018 1 1.8586e-07 5992 12556 1 1.8586e-07 9488 14393 1 1.8586e-07 9048 14019 1 1.8586e-07 5992 12557 1 1.8586e-07 9488 14394 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
1 Replies

8. Programming

I'm going crazy with SQL select. Please help!

Hello people, as wrote in title I'm going crazy with a "complex" SQL select. This is the seelct: select T_ADDRESS, T_MCC,T_MNC,T_MSIN,T_IM_MNC, COUNT(*) FROM TABLETEST WHERE T_MCC=123 AND (T_MNC=11 OR T_MNC=01) GROUP BY T_ADDRESS,T_MCC,T_MNC,T_MSIN,T_IM_MNC HAVING count(*) > 5;This select... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
7 Replies

9. Programming

Sql select replace

Hi All, I had a query related to sql select replace command. i have a table named clusters and it looks like this Code: name characteristics sample 1.1 parent sample 1.2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse SQL text and only format first SELECT statement.

Hi Forum. Need your expertise on the following question. I have the following file which I would like to parse, find first block of SELECT statment and concatenate all input fields as 1 field (~ delimited): Old File: SELECT /*+ USE_HASH(CCOMM ICAR IMAP IAS IP IMAS IMPS IAP SPCA) */ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
5 Replies
CREATE TABLE 
AS(7) SQL Commands CREATE TABLE AS(7) NAME
CREATE TABLE AS - create a new table from the results of a query SYNOPSIS
CREATE [ [ LOCAL ] { TEMPORARY | TEMP } ] TABLE table_name [ (column_name [, ...] ) ] AS query DESCRIPTION
CREATE TABLE AS creates a table and fills it with data computed by a SELECT command. The table columns have the names and data types asso- ciated with the output columns of the SELECT (except that you can override the column names by giving an explicit list of new column names). CREATE TABLE AS bears some resemblance to creating a view, but it is really quite different: it creates a new table and evaluates the query just once to fill the new table initially. The new table will not track subsequent changes to the source tables of the query. In contrast, a view re-evaluates its defining SELECT statement whenever it is queried. PARAMETERS
[LOCAL] TEMPORARY or [LOCAL] TEMP If specified, the table is created as a temporary table. Refer to CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] for details. table_name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table to be created. column_name The name of a column in the new table. Multiple column names can be specified using a comma-delimited list of column names. If col- umn names are not provided, they are taken from the output column names of the query. query A query statement (that is, a SELECT command). Refer to SELECT [select(7)] for a description of the allowed syntax. DIAGNOSTICS
Refer to CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] and SELECT [select(7)] for a summary of possible output messages. NOTES
This command is functionally equivalent to SELECT INTO [select_into(7)], but it is preferred since it is less likely to be confused with other uses of the SELECT ... INTO syntax. COMPATIBILITY
This command is modeled after an Oracle feature. There is no command with equivalent functionality in SQL92 or SQL99. However, a combina- tion of CREATE TABLE and INSERT ... SELECT can accomplish the same thing with little more effort. HISTORY
The CREATE TABLE AS command has been available since PostgreSQL 6.3. SEE ALSO
CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)], CREATE VIEW [create_view(l)], SELECT [select(l)], SELECT INTO [select_into(l)] SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 CREATE TABLE AS(7)