Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris auto mount SMB share on Solaris 10 Post 302715723 by fpmurphy on Monday 15th of October 2012 09:58:40 AM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CDROM Doesn't Auto Mount - Solaris 9

On Sun Fire V240, cdrom doesn't automount. I can manually mount the cdrom, however it pretty annoying. I have checked the vold demon and its seems to be running. Here is the output from /etc/inetd.conf pg inetd.conf daytime stream tcp6 nowait root internal daytime dgram udp6 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mshafi
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to mount windows Share on solaris using SAMBA

Hi All I am new for Solaris and, I have configured SAMBA on my SUN10 Network machine and it's working fine. can anyone tell me how to mount windows share on my SUN10 machine. Thanks in advance daya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
2 Replies

3. Solaris

how to mount Windows NFS share on solaris

Hi, How can i mount an NFS share on a solaris machine a filesystem ? I have enabled nfs on a windows server and the shares has given read/write access to it to all the users. I would like to mount it on around 10 different solaris boxes with different versions of solaris. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache/CGI Bin Accessing mounted SMB share

Hey Guys, I need to copy some files from my Apache server to SMB share ... copy $file,"/Volumes/v1/x/test/$datestamp$name$suffix" Unfortunately this command when executed from Apache/cgi-bin is not able to access mounted volumes .. is there anything that can be done about that ... Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NDxiak
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share

Hello, I have a few Ubuntu 9.10 laptops I'm trying to learn NFS sharing with. I am just experimenting on this right now, so no harsh words about the security of what I'm playing with, please ;) Below are the configs /etc/exports on host /home/woodnt/Homeschool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

SMB Connection Resolve to AD, Point to User Share

I've got an unusual problem that deals with connecting via SMB under Snow Leopard, to a directory share with over 1,000 users. When I connect to the main directory share, the next level reveals 1,000 users, but I'd like to have the connection identify me as a registered user in AD at the time of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimachead
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to mount nas-share using generated credentials (mount EC 13,32)

Heyas At home i have 1 nas with 3 shares, of which i used to mount 2 of them using a script with hardcoded password and username in it. EDIT: Turns out, its not the script, but 'how i access' the nas share.. (-o user=XY,password=... VS. -o credentials=...). Figured about credential files,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

8. AIX

CIFS/SMB mount NetApp (Windows) fileshare

Hi guys, I'm trying to mount a windows share (hosted on a NetApp filer with clustered Ontap 8.3) and I have no luck doing it. This worked before when we used an old NetApp with Ontap 7.3. Seems there is an issue with ASCII/non-unicode support. I'm wondering if anybody here has mounted... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikedavis
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS client cannot mount a share from a Windows server

I have a Solaris 10 server, I'm trying to mount a share from a Windows nfs server. If I add this entry (tst-walnut:/test_sap_nfs - /majid nfs - yes rw,soft) to my /etc/vfstab, then I can mount, but when I create a file by root:root, the file owner changes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating dated folder name in SMB share

I can't seen to figure this out. Let's say I want to create a folder with the name "August2017". In regular terminal prompt I can type mkdir `date +%B%Y` But when I'm connected to a SMB share (at the smb: prompt), the command doesn't translate properly. A folder gets created but the name is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdch1000
4 Replies
CIFSIOSTAT(1)							Linux User's Manual						     CIFSIOSTAT(1)

NAME
cifsiostat - Report CIFS statistics. SYNOPSIS
cifsiostat [ -h ] [ -k | -m ] [ -t ] [ -V ] [ interval [ count ] ] DESCRIPTION
The cifsiostat command displays statistics about read and write operations on CIFS filesystems. The interval parameter specifies the amount of time in seconds between each report. The first report contains statistics for the time since system startup (boot). Each subsequent report contains statistics collected during the interval since the previous report. A report con- sists of a CIFS header row followed by a line of statistics for each CIFS filesystem that is mounted. The count parameter can be specified in conjunction with the interval parameter. If the count parameter is specified, the value of count determines the number of reports gener- ated at interval seconds apart. If the interval parameter is specified without the count parameter, the cifsiostat command generates reports continuously. REPORT
The CIFS report provides statistics for each mounted CIFS filesystem. The report shows the following fields: Filesystem: This columns shows the mount point of the CIFS filesystem. rB/s (rkB/s, rMB/s) Indicate the average number of bytes (kilobytes, megabytes) read per second. wB/s (wkB/s, wMB/s) Indicate the average number of bytes (kilobytes, megabytes) written per second. rop/s Indicate the number of 'read' operations that were issued to the filesystem per second. wop/s Indicate the number of 'write' operations that were issued to the filesystem per second. fo/s Indicate the number of open files per second. fc/s Indicate the number of closed files per second. fd/s Indicate the number of deleted files per second. OPTIONS
-h Make the CIFS report easier to read by a human. -k Display statistics in kilobytes per second. -m Display statistics in megabytes per second. -t Print the time for each report displayed. The timestamp format may depend on the value of the S_TIME_FORMAT environment variable (see below). -V Print version number then exit. ENVIRONMENT
The cifsiostat command takes into account the following environment variables: S_TIME_FORMAT If this variable exists and its value is ISO then the current locale will be ignored when printing the date in the report header. The nfsiostat command will use the ISO 8601 format (YYYY-MM-DD) instead. The timestamp displayed with option -t will also be com- pliant with ISO 8601 format. BUG
/proc filesystem must be mounted for cifsiostat to work. FILE
/proc/fs/cifs/Stats contains CIFS statistics. AUTHORS
Written by Ivana Varekova (varekova <at> redhat.com) Maintained by Sebastien Godard (sysstat <at> orange.fr) SEE ALSO
sar(1), pidstat(1), mpstat(1), vmstat(8), iostat(1), nfsiostat(1) http://pagesperso-orange.fr/sebastien.godard/ Linux JANUARY 2011 CIFSIOSTAT(1)