Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to move old log files
Operating Systems Solaris how to move old log files Post 302715713 by Vinothcraig on Monday 15th of October 2012 09:44:55 AM
Old 10-15-2012
how to move old log files

Hi,

Need to move all the log files till yesterday without touching today's files in a single command.

Source: /sys/logs
Dest : /backup

It's quite urget. Please help me out folks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

move log files over 12 hours old...

Hi, I know I can use touch and find's "! -newer" option to list files that are older than a specific time, but what is a good way to get a list of files that are over 12 hours old? The log pruner will run throughout the day, twice an hour. So I can't easily use a cronjob touch command to generate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thomas Pluck
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move files

I have multiple file with names april.0001.frm.edi april.0002.frm.edi I created a list with all the file names which has "860" inside the file and named the list as april-860-list I need to move all the files to name CHRY.860.01 CHRY.860.02 from that list. How do I do that? I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yshahiac
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check files and move the results to differents files?

Hi, I am a newbie to shell scripting. here is my objective: 1)The shell program should take 2 parameters - ie-> DestinationFolder, WebFolder 2)Destination folder contains few files that has to has be verified and deleted. 3)WebFolder is a folder containing a list of master files 4)It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandhyagupta
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move same files and issue ls -al command on remaining files

I know I can use an ls -l junk1 command to get a listing of all files in the directory junk1, but I was wondering how I'd go about going through the files in junk1 in a for-in loop and issuing the ls -l command on them one by one. This is what I have so far: for file in $(ls -a $1) do ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively move directories along with files/specific files

I would like to transfer all files ending with .log from /tmp and to /tmp/archive (using find ) The directory structure looks like :- /tmp a.log b.log c.log /abcd d.log e.log When I tried the following command , it movies all the log files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files except sys date (today) files in Solaris 10

I want to move all files from one directory to another directory excluding today (sysdate files) on daily basis. file name is in pattern file_2013031801, file_2013031802 etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khattak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move log files with date and delete older than 3 weeks

I have written a script which generate one logfile on every sunday and thursday I want to move the older log files into /tmp directory befor generating new one so i used mv command like mv usr/sbin/appl/logfile.txt usr/sbin/appl/tmp 2) But when i move this file to /tmp it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files with a certain suffix based on how many files are in another folder

Hello, First time poster. I am looking for a way to script or program the process of moving files from one folder to another, automatically, based on the count of files in the destination folder. I was thinking a shell script would work, but am open to the suggestions of the experts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: comtech
6 Replies
SCANLOGS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       SCANLOGS(8)

NAME
scanlogs - summarize INN log files. SYNOPSIS
scanlogs [ norotate ] [ nonn ] DESCRIPTION
Scanlogs summarizes the information recorded in the INN log files (see newslog(5)). By default, it also rotates and cleans out the logs. It is normally invoked by the news.daily(8) script. KEYWORDS
The following keywords are accepted: norotate Using this keyword disables the rotating and cleaning aspect of the log processing: the logs files are only scanned for information and no contents are altered. nonn Normally the nn log file is scanned and rotated. Using this keyword disables this function. If scanlogs is invoked more than once a day, the ``norotate'' keyword should be used to prevent premature log cleaning. HISTORY
Written by Landon Curt Noll <chongo@toad.com> and Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.1, dated 1996/10/29. SEE ALSO
innd(8) newslog(5), news.daily(8), nnrpd(8). SCANLOGS(8)