Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problems with unix & command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problems with unix & command Post 302715653 by liyakathali on Monday 15th of October 2012 07:34:40 AM
Old 10-15-2012
problem with & command in unix

How to accomplish this.Any help would be appreciated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UFSDUMP & UFSRESTORE problems

Hi, guys ! I need some expert help on following problem: When trying to restore content of a machine using another backup machine using Ufsdump/Ufsrestore, it worked on /local1, but when attemting to do the same on /local2,/local3 and /local4, I get permission problems. Running superuser does... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGoubine
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl->Execute any unix command & display the output in a proper form

Net::SSH::Perl ...... how to print the output in a proper format my $cmd = "ls -l"; my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); $ssh->login($user, $pass); my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("$cmd"); print $stdout; the script works fine, but i am unable to see the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with xterm & tcsh & sourcing a script in a single command

Hi friends, I have a script that sets the env variable path based on different conditions. Now the new path variable setting should not done in the same terminal or same shell. Only a new terminal or new shell should have the new path env variable set. I am able to do this only as follows: >cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sowmya005
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with find & -size

Hi I am trying to find files over a size given by the user. this is what I have so far echo "Enter a pathname to check (example = /home/jsk1gcc/testwork): " read input echo "Enter a the size (examples = 100k, 10M, 1G): " read size find $input -size +$size echo echo "Hit the Enter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngelFlesh
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nohup & mpiexec problems

Hi everyone - I'm trying to start a run of LAMMPS (which takes an input file) with mpiexec on multiple processors. I want to combine this with nohup so that I can log off the node. I've used the syntax below successfully on one cluster, but it doesn't work on the new one I'm using. Any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin85
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo & sed problems

I need a script to to instert the following line into my postfix master.cf file: flags=Rq user=filter argv=/etc/postfix/disclaimer -f ${sender} -- ${recipient}if I use echo I get the line truncated: :~ echo flags=Rq user=filter argv=/etc/postfix/disclaimer -f ${sender} -- ${recipient}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems using Unix mail command (2)

I recently generated myself the following error when attempting to use the Unix mail command: The flags you gave make no sense since you're not sending mail. There is a recent thread about this issue here in unix.com (with a title very much like this thread's title), but it was closed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 6.0 & VMware problems

I've moved a physical server over to VMWare ESXi 5.1 using SCO 6.0 with MP4. For whatever reason, people are occasionally getting kicked out or are closing out their telnet session and it is leaving their processes running. When this happens, the sar %idle drops from 98-95% down to 25-20%. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Carlitos71
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with ampersand (&) in sed command

Hello everybody, I have a Problem with sed command. I want to replace a defined string with a string from a database field (dynamic). e.g. sed -i -e 's/%NAME%/'"$HNAME"'/g' The Problem is that the $HNAME variable can contain Special characters like '&' e.g. HNAME="AH Kruger & Co. KG" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bambuti2000
1 Replies
after(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  after(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
after - Execute a command after a time delay SYNOPSIS
after ms after ms ?script script script ...? after cancel id after cancel script script script ... after idle ?script script script ...? after info ?id? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is used to delay execution of the program or to execute a command in background sometime in the future. It has several forms, depending on the first argument to the command: after ms Ms must be an integer giving a time in milliseconds. The command sleeps for ms milliseconds and then returns. While the command is sleeping the application does not respond to events. after ms ?script script script ...? In this form the command returns immediately, but it arranges for a Tcl command to be executed ms milliseconds later as an event handler. The command will be executed exactly once, at the given time. The delayed command is formed by concatenating all the script arguments in the same fashion as the concat command. The command will be executed at global level (outside the context of any Tcl procedure). If an error occurs while executing the delayed command then the bgerror mechanism is used to report the error. The after command returns an identifier that can be used to cancel the delayed command using after cancel. after cancel id Cancels the execution of a delayed command that was previously scheduled. Id indicates which command should be canceled; it must have been the return value from a previous after command. If the command given by id has already been executed then the after can- cel command has no effect. after cancel script script ... This command also cancels the execution of a delayed command. The script arguments are concatenated together with space separators (just as in the concat command). If there is a pending command that matches the string, it is cancelled and will never be executed; if no such command is currently pending then the after cancel command has no effect. after idle script ?script script ...? Concatenates the script arguments together with space separators (just as in the concat command), and arranges for the resulting script to be evaluated later as an idle callback. The script will be run exactly once, the next time the event loop is entered and there are no events to process. The command returns an identifier that can be used to cancel the delayed command using after can- cel. If an error occurs while executing the script then the bgerror mechanism is used to report the error. after info ?id? This command returns information about existing event handlers. If no id argument is supplied, the command returns a list of the identifiers for all existing event handlers created by the after command for this interpreter. If id is supplied, it specifies an existing handler; id must have been the return value from some previous call to after and it must not have triggered yet or been cancelled. In this case the command returns a list with two elements. The first element of the list is the script associated with id, and the second element is either idle or timer to indicate what kind of event handler it is. The after ms and after idle forms of the command assume that the application is event driven: the delayed commands will not be executed unless the application enters the event loop. In applications that are not normally event-driven, such as tclsh, the event loop can be entered with the vwait and update commands. SEE ALSO
bgerror(n), concat(n), update(n), vwait(n) KEYWORDS
cancel, delay, idle callback, sleep, time Tcl 7.5 after(n)