Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Sky diver breaks sound barrier Post 302715543 by Neo on Monday 15th of October 2012 05:27:13 AM
Old 10-15-2012
I watched the live web feed... it was amazing!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Page Breaks

Hi, I have a program in Pro*c when I run it I have no problem with the output but when it runs via the at command and except the output has page breaks every 66 lines. I don't want those page breaks to be in the output. any idea? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama71
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on page breaks

Hi, I am new to Unix (AIX). I have a header (in a text file) that needs to be wrtitten on all the pages of a result file (text file). After the header is written, data needs to be read from a file A(text file) and inserted to the result file. If the number of lines reaches 80 in a page, page... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simhasuri
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fix the breaks

The file FTP'd got few breaks and the data looks like: ABCTOM NYMANAGER ABCDAVE NJ PROGRAMMER ABCJIM CTTECHLEAD ABCPETERCA HR and i want the output like: ABCTOM NYMANAGER ABCDAVE NJPROGRAMMER ABCJIM CTTECHLEAD ABCPETERCAHR can you please help me in writing the shell... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlmadhav
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ping breaks

I have implemented advance routing fo load balancing and a script for and fail over on a Linux machine which run squid and dansguardian for proxying, i have three interfaces on this machine which are 10.201.108.254 eth1 external interface connected to service provider 10.201.109.254 eth2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: surfer24
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with wc and line breaks

Hi everyone, I have gone through the forum trying to find an answer to this question but was unsuccessful. I am hoping that someone can help me with this please. I am trying to get my script to recognise line breaks from a file and to give me a result for wc of each line. So basically, if you... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stargazerr
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What breaks inittab

Today there was a situation where processes running from inittab was broken. Can someone help me understand, how to find out, who might have stopped those processes? Or how does it get broken? G (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies

7. War Stories

Confessions of a Mortal Diver - Learning the Hard Way by Richard Pyle

We archive this amazing and true story by Richard Pyle illustrating how not to scuba dive. A portion of this article was published in AquaCorps: BENT 3(2):51, 54 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Page breaks and line breaks

Hi All, Need an urgent solution to an issue . We have created a ksh file or shell script which generates 1 DAT file. the DAT file contains extract of a select statement . Now the issue is , when we are executing the ksh file , the output is coimng with page breaks and line breaks . We have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaskant
4 Replies
GENSKYVEC(1)						      General Commands Manual						      GENSKYVEC(1)

NAME
genskyvec - compute patch radiance averages for a specific sky SYNOPSIS
genskyvec [ -m N ][ -c r g b ] DESCRIPTION
Genskyvec samples the Radinace sky description given on the standard input to generate a list of average patch radiances. If there is a sun in the description, genskyvec will include its contribution in the three nearest sky patches, distributing energy according to centroid proximity. By default, genskyvec divides the sky into 2305 patches, plus one patch for the ground. This corresponds to Reinhart's extension of the Tregenza sky, where the original 145 patches are subdivided into 16 subpatches, except at the zenith. A different subdivision may be spec- ified via the -m option. The value given will be used to subdivide each dimension, so the default of 4 yields almost 16 times as many patches as the original Tregenza sky, which can be specified with -m 1. A higher resolution sky is generally better for daylight coeffi- cient analysis where solar position is important. The -c option may be used to specify a color for the sky. The gray value should equal 1 for proper energy balance The default sky color is -c 0.960 1.004 1.118 . EXAMPLE
To generate 578 patches corresponding to a 2x2 subdivision of the Tregenza sky on a sunny equinox noon: gensky 9 21 12 | genskyvec -m 2 > sky09_21_12.dat AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
dctimestep(1), genBSDF(1), gensky(1), gentregvec(1), rtcontrib(1), rtrace(1) RADIANCE
12/09/09 GENSKYVEC(1)