Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed returns error "sed: -e expression #1, char 18: unterminated `s' command" Post 302715449 by anand.shah on Monday 15th of October 2012 02:32:08 AM
Old 10-15-2012
Dear Elixir,
I tried in the same way.But it didn't work.Another thing that I suspect is original strings that I posted were like below :-
Code:
LDC100/rel/prod/libinactrl.a
LAA2000/rel/prod/libinactrl.a

But actual strings that are coming are like below:-
Code:
LDC_100/rel/prod/libinactrl.a
LAA_2000/rel/prod/libinactrl.a

I suspect about special character "_"(underscore) that comes in string.
Do we need to make any change in sed command to handle this ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed -n expression " fails. Why?

Hi Everyone! I am trying to extract records between date makers in a log file. My selection string doesn't work, though. Please help. This test works, if I manually enter the two date-strings (output=28 lines): # sed -n '/\/,/\/p' ./access_log But if the date string is a variable, it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grahamb
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: -e expression #1, char 21: unterminated `s' command

I have read many threads, but I still didn't find the right answer. May be i didn't find the right thread, though are so many threads for the same question. Basically the situation is - find date in a file and replace it with another date. (its not homework, its part of lot of a big processing,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: avinthm
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed error unterminated `s' command

I have list of data I have cut down to format: I am using sed command to remove the sed 's/ Returns error: sed: -e expression #1, char 5: unterminated `s' command Full code line is: cat textFile | cut -d ' ' -f 4 | cut ':' -f 1 | sed 's/ Thanks, Please use next time code tags... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximus73
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: -e expression #1, char 2: extra characters after command

Greetings.. getting the error while execution of the script, correct where i am missing #!/bin/bash DATE=`date +%Y-%m-%d:::%H:%M` HOSTNAME=`hostname` TXT="/log/temp.txt" LOGPATH="/log1/commanlogs/" IP=`/sbin/ifconfig | grep -i inet| head -n1| awk '{print $2}'| awk -F : '{print $2}'`... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju98458
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source command returns error when it strikes conditional statement "ifeq"

Hello All, I am running source command on my project configuration file app.cfg which has conditional statements with make file systax E.g ifeq ($(APP_CMP_DIR),trunk). When I source this file it throws error: syntax error near unexpected token... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: -e expression #1, char 16: unterminated address regex

I am trying to grep for a particular text (Do action on cell BL330) in a text file(sample.gz) which is searched in the content filtered by date+timestamp (2016-09-14 01:09:56,796 to 2016-09-15 04:10:29,719) on a remote machine and finally write the output into a output file on a local machine. ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbadveti
23 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed command to replace "|" with ^ for all *.dat files in a folder not working

I am trying to use the below sed command to replace all "|" to ^, in a folder had 50 dat files. when i tried with 1 file it worked but when i tried with wild card, is not working. sed -i 's/"|"/\^/g' *.dat Is this the proper way to use sed command thank you very much for help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed: -e expression #1, char 20: unterminated address regex

I am trying to add word in last of particular line. the same command syntex is running on prompt. but in bash script give error."sed: -e expression #1, char 20: unterminated address regex" Please help. for i in `cat servername`; do ssh -q -t root@$i sed -i '/simple_allow_groups =/s/$/,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yash_message
4 Replies
rel(5)								       Files								    rel(5)

NAME
rel - Release resource file DESCRIPTION
The release resource file specifies which applications are are included in a release (system) based on Erlang/OTP. This file is used by the functions in systools when generating start scripts ( .script , .boot ) and release upgrade files ( relup ). FILE SYNTAX
The release resource file should be called Name.rel . The .rel file contains one single Erlang term, which is called a release specification . The file has the following syntax: {release, {RelName,Vsn}, {erts, EVsn}, [{Application, AppVsn} | {Application, AppVsn, Type} | {Application, AppVsn, IncApps} | {Application, AppVsn, Type, IncApps}]}. * RelName = string() is the name of the release. * Vsn = string() is the version of the release. * EVsn = string() is the version of ERTS the release is intended for. * Application = atom() is the name of an application included in the release. * AppVsn = string() is the version of an application included in the release. * Type = permanent | transient | temporary | load | none is the start type of an application included in the release. If Type = permanent | transient | temporary , the application will be loaded and started in the corresponding way, see applica- tion(3erl) . If Type = load , the application will only be loaded. If Type = none , the application will be neither loaded nor started, although the code for its modules will be loaded. Defaults to permanent * IncApps = [atom()] is a list of applications that are included by an application included in the release. The list must be a subset of the included applications specified in the application resource file ( Application.app ) and overrides this value. Defaults to the empty list. Note: The list of applications must contain the kernel and stdlib applications. SEE ALSO
application(3erl), relup(5), systools(3erl) Ericsson AB sasl 2.1.9.3 rel(5)