Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help how to create a file (xml) list all files from directory Post 302715417 by ggcc on Monday 15th of October 2012 01:33:18 AM
Old 10-15-2012
Hello Spacebar,

Your code is working perfectly. Thank you so much for your big help. I was able to load the .xml file with more than 10K songs to the iPhone, now I have a list of Karaoke on my iPhone instead of a binder with more than two hundreds pages.

Thank you so much again.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse an XML task list to create each task.xml file

I have an task definition listing xml file that contains a list of tasks such as <TASKLIST <TASK definition="Completion date" id="Taskname1" Some other <CODE name="Code12" <Parameter pname="Dog" input="5.6" units="feet" etc /Parameter> <Parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create diffrent files based on other file and parameters list

I would like ot create shell script/ bash to create diffrent files based on a file and parameters list. Here is the detail example: I have a textfile and four static parameter files (having ‘?'). mainfile.txt has below records (this count may be more than 50) A200001 A200101 B200001... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav525
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create multiple list of files in a directory ?

Hi, i have say 100 files in a directory. file1.log file2.log file3.log file4.log file5.log file6.log ... ... ... file99.log file100.log ========= I need to create another file which contains the list of al these log files. each file should contain only 10 log file names. it shud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robinbannis
4 Replies

4. Programming

help need in the perl script that create one xml file form multiple files.

Hi every one, Please excuse me if any grammatical mistakes is there. I have multiple xml files in one directory, I need to create multiple XML files into one XML file.example files like this</p> file1:bvr.xml ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create empty files from a list on file

Hello Guys. Please I would like to create empty files from a list In file1 will be the followin values, so i will like to create for each name a empty file. file1 2191off-r0.sps 2192off-r0.sps 2193off-r0.sps 2194off-r0.sps 2195off-r0.sps So I need to get 5 empty files. Thanks for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from XML files and create a new XML

Hello everybody, I have a double mission with some XML files, which is pretty challenging for my actual beginner UNIX knowledge. I need to extract some strings from multiple XML files and create a new XML file with the searched strings.. The original XML files contain the source code for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: milano.churchil
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a summary file of all files in a directory sorted in reverse alphabetical order.?

I have an interactive script which works terrific at processing a folder of unsorted files into new directories. I am wondering how I could modify my script so that( upon execution) it provides an additional labelled summary file on my desktop that lists all of the files in each directory that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Braveheart
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create one xml file from one list of names

Actually I have one list of channels names like: Rai 1 Rai 1 +1HD Rai 1 +2HD Rai 2 Rai 2 +1HD Rai 2 +2HD . . . .From this list of names I need create one new xml file with this structure <channel id="Rai 1"> <display-name lang="it">Rai 1</display-name> <icon... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapiocapioca
3 Replies
fadecut(1)						      General Commands Manual							fadecut(1)

NAME
fadecut - Toolset to rip audiostreams, cut, fade in/out and tag the resulting audiofiles SYNOPSIS
fadecut -p <profile> [ OPTIONS ] DESCRIPTION
fadecut is a script to rip audio files from a livestream (using streamripper) and to process them automatically. Beginning and ending fo the audio files will be cut and faded in/out. So logos and advertising of radio stations will be automatically removed. In streaming mode fadecut is ripping audio files using streamripper. The downloaded audio files are cutted using silence detection and then faded in and out. Subsequently, the files are encoded to either ogg or mp3 and tagged with tags (title, artist, genre and comment pro- vided). In file mode fadecut is just processing already ripped audio files. An audio file which has already been processed is detected and will not be processed again. Not desired songs can be stored in a separate directory. This files are not processed anymore too. FOLDERS
fadecut is working with some standard folders. You may change them in your profile or fadecutrc done/ here you put all your songs which were already processed by fadecut and which you want to keep. See also new/ folder. dontlike/ in this folder you may put songs which you don't like. Fadecut is checking this folder before it is processing new files in the working folder. Null size files are ok. error/ whenever an error occurs while fadecut is processing a file, that file is moved to the error folder for later examining. incomplete/ this folder is created by streamripper. All not fully ripped songs are saved here. new/ processed songs are going here. Usually you may rip and process files with fadecut, they are going in to new/ folder, you listen to them and put good songs to the done/ folder. orig/ if you want to keep the original file (which is ripped by streamripper), you may use the -k option. fadecut is putting the ripped files untouched into that folder. OPTIONS
-c Create a new profile <profilename> -e Edit an existing profile <profilename> -i optional input <directory> -o optional output <directory> -k optional to keep the untouched original song in the /orig folder -d Debug: -d 0|1|2|3 (level 0 is standard, -d without number is like 1) -h Show this message -p Profile <profilename> -q Quiet -r Stream (and rip), start streamripper -v Verbose VARIABLES
STREAM_URL="http://streamurl" test ENCODING=ogg preferred destination fileformat. (ogg/mp3) GENRE="SwissPop" Processed files will get the above genre. COMMENT="Radio Swiss Pop" Processed files will get the above comment. TRIM_BEGIN=0 cut <n> seconds off the file in the beginning. TRIM_END=0 cut <n> seconds off the file at the end. FADE_IN=1 Fade in for <n> seconds. FADE_OUT=4 Fade out for <n> seconds. EXAMPLES
Create a new ripping profile fadecut -c test Edit/update profile test fadecut -e test Rip, cut and fade in-/out with profile test fadecut -p test -r Only cut and fade in-/out without ripping from livestream fadecut -p test SEE ALSO
id3v2(1), oggenc(1), sox(1), streamripper(1), lame(1) FILES
~/.fadecut/fadecutrc The main fadecut configuration file, executed with every start of fadecut ~/.fadecut/statslog.csv The statistics file ~/.fadecut/profiles The folder where all profiles are located RESOURCES
fadecut git website https://github.com/micressor/fadecut 0.1.0 fadecut(1)