Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace date on a line with current date Post 302715301 by jakSun8 on Sunday 14th of October 2012 02:47:09 PM
Old 10-14-2012
Thanks clx - yes it will always be on 1st line. Also, how would i modify the second line with the difference between two days(numbers) + 1

Thanks for your help! _ jak

---------- Post updated at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:53 AM ----------

Correction on previous post. I need difference of two dates and not numbers update on line 2.

Thanks - jak

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date One Week Ago From Given Date, Not From Current Date

Hi all, I've used various scripts in the past to work out the date last week from the current date, however I now have a need to work out the date 1 week from a given date. So for example, if I have a date of the 23rd July 2010, I would like a script that can work out that one week back was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a row from a file if one column containing a date is greater than the current system date

Hello gurus, I am hoping someone can help me with the required code/script to make this work. I have the following file with records starting at line 4: NETW~US60~000000000013220694~002~~IT~USD~2.24~20110201~99991231~01~01~20101104~... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chumsky
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch date of 7 years back from current date in Perl

$beginDate = substr(DateCalc("today", "-7Days"),0,8); This fetches the date 7 days back Can I fetch the date before 7 years from todays date in Perl using same syntax Use code tags, see PM. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Replace yesterday date with today's date except from the first line

Hello, I have a file like this: 2012112920121130 12345620121130msABowwiqiq 34477420121129amABamauee e7748420121130ehABeheheei in case the content of the file has the date of yesterday within the lines containing pattern AB this should be replaced by the current date. But if I use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lilu_CK
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies

7. Linux

How to calculate the quarter end date according to the current date in shell script?

Hi, My question is how to calculate the quarter end date according to the current date in shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya_1234
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

“sed” replace date in text file with current date

We want to call a parameter file (.txt) where my application read dynamic values when the job is triggered, one of such values are below: abc.txt ------------------ Code: line1 line2 line3 $$EDWS_DATE_INSERT=08-27-2019 line4 $$EDWS_PREV_DATE_INSERT=08-26-2019 I am trying to write a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to replace a parameter(variable) date value inside a text files daily with current date?

Hello All, we what we call a parameter file (.txt) where my application read dynamic values when the job is triggered, one of such values are below: abc.txt ------------------ line1 line2 line3 $$EDWS_DATE_INSERT=08-27-2019 line4 $$EDWS_PREV_DATE_INSERT=08-26-2019 I am trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace date in file every day with current date

I Have text like XXX_20190908.csv.gz need to replace Only date in this format with current date every day Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamasani1991
1 Replies
DIR2OGG(1)						      General Commands Manual							DIR2OGG(1)

NAME
dir2ogg - Convert MP3, WAV, and M4A files to OGG format SYNOPSIS
dir2ogg [ options ] ( filename [filename2] ... || directory [directory2] ... || [cdrom-device] ... ) DESCRIPTION
dir2ogg converts MP3, M4A, WMA and WAV files to the open-source OGG format. dir2ogg is a python script that simply binds together mpg123, faad, and oggenc making it easier for the user to convert his/her music files. OGGs are about 15 to 20 percent smaller than MP3 files, with the same relative audio quality. dir2ogg can be called with the -d flag at the command line to convert any number of directories at once, or given MP3, M4A, WMA, and/or WAV filenames as arguments, dir2ogg will convert only those files. If converting WAV, M4A or WMA files with -d you must add the -w, -m or -W command line flags respectively. These flags are not neccesary unless using -d. Note that converting M4A files requires you to have faad installed, and converting WMA files requires mplayer. Keep in mind that converting from MP3 or M4A to OGG is a conversion between two lossy formats. This is fine if you just want to free up some disk space, but if you're a hard-core audiophile you may be disappointed. I really can't notice a difference in quality with 'naked' ears myself. General Options -h or --help print quick usage details to the screen. -d or --directory convert all MP3 files in directory. WAV and M4A files will be converted if used with the -w and -m command line flags. This option is for compatibility purposes only and does not need to be specified anymore. -r or --recursive like -d but descends recursively into directories. -c or --cdda Convert an audio CD into ogg. You may pass the device as an argument to the script (default: /dev/cdrom). Requires cdparanoia orq icedax or mplayer -p or --preserve-wav preserve all WAV files. By default they are deleted. -P or --no-pipe Do not use pipes to send data from the decoder to the encoder, use temporary wav files instead. --delete-input Delete the input file after conversion -v or --verbose increase dir2ogg's verbosity. -Q or --quiet Do not display progress messages, except the name of the file which is currently converted. Some decoders provide no way to disable messages and thus may still display some. Conversion options --convert-all Convert all supported audio files found in the directories given on the command-line to Ogg Vorbis. -f or --convert-ape Convert all APE (Monkey's Audio) files found in the directories given on the command-line to Ogg Vorbis, using either ogg123 or flac or mplayer. -f or --convert-flac Convert all FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) files found in the directories given on the command-line to Ogg Vorbis, using ogg123 or flac or mplayer. -m or --convert-m4a convert all M4A (MPEG-4 Audio) files found in the directories given on the command-line to Ogg Vorbis, using faad or mplayer. For decoding ALAC (Apple Lossless) files, 'alac-decoder' may be used. -m or --convert-mpc convert all MPC (MusePack) files found in the directories given on the command-line to Ogg Vorbis, using mpcdec or mplayer. -W or --convert-wma Convert all WMA (Windows Media Audio) files found in the directories given on the command-line to Ogg Vorbis, using mplayer. -w or --convert-wav Convert all WAV files found in the directories given on the command-line to Ogg Vorbis. -V or --convert-wv Convert all WV (WavPack) files found in the directories given on the command-line to Ogg Vorbis. -n or --no-mp3 ingore all MP3 files found in directories given on the command-line. --(ape|cd|flac|m4a|mp3|mpc|wma|wv)-decoder=COMMAND Set the decoder you want to use for one filetype, e.g.: --mp3-decoder=lame. Run dir2ogg --help to see the available decoders. -qN or --quality=N OGG quality. N is a number between -1 and 10. Default is 3. Decimals are OK (ie: 3.7) -t or --smart-mp3 Try to use the same quality as the input file. MP3 input only! SEE ALSO
mpg123(1), mplayer(1), oggenc(1) BUGS
Enter you bug reports in Launchpad at https://bugs.launchpad.net/dir2ogg AUTHORS
0.10 and newer: Julian Andres Klode <jak@jak-linux.org> 0.9.3 and older: Darren Kirby <d@badcomputer.org> CONTRIBUTORS
original wma support: Cameron Stone <camerons@cse.unsw.edu.au> smart-mp3: Marek Palatinus <marek@palatinus.cz> dir2ogg 0.11.8 2009-08-04 DIR2OGG(1)