Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to get all files on a directory of .c file Post 302715051 by spacebar on Saturday 13th of October 2012 03:38:54 PM
Old 10-13-2012
I don't know what language your using(i.e. shell script, perl, vb, etc.) but the below will give you a list of files:
Code:
cd .c
for f in `ls *.txt`
do
  file=`echo ${f}`
  .......your code to process file.......
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Copy files from the file to another directory

I have created a file that has list of all the files I want to copy into another directory.Is there a way to do it? Thanks In advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreethik
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls > file - Creating file containing the list of all files present in a directory

Hi All, I need to create a file which contains the list of all the files present in that directory. e.g., ls /export/home/user/*.dat > list_file.dat but what i am getting is: $ ls /export/home/user/*.dat > list_file.dat /export/home/user/*.dat: No such file or directory But I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a file to count how many files in the directory

hello there i want to creat a file that count how many files i have in the directory. for this i use the command find . -type f | wc -l > 1In1.myfile the problem with this command is that it not update after i add a new file in the directory. Anyone got any ideas how i can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntiPin
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the total file size for certain files per directory

Hi, I am trying to get the total file size for certain files per directory. I am using find /DirectoryPath -name '*.dta' -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '{ print $NF ": " $5 }' > /users/cergun/My\ Documents/dtafiles.txt but this lists all the files in the directories. I need the total... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cergun
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No such file or directory error while copying files

Hi, I need to copy files from one dir to another dir. The list of filesnames to be moved are in a file called files2cp.log Script: #!/bin/ksh exec 0</home/amdocs/files2cp.log while read LINE do cp -i /iccs33/attach/"$LINE" /iccs30/attach/"$LINE" done The output is "No such... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinirsr
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script which removes files from the first directory if there is a file in the second directory

Script must removes files from the first directory if there is a file with same name in the second directory Script passed to the two directories, it lies with them in one directory: sh script_name dir1 dir2 This is my version, but it does not work :wall: set - $2/* for i do set -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SLAMUL
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse files in directory and compare with another file

I have two files File 1 in reading directory is of following format Read 1 A T Read 3 T C Read 5 G T Read 7 A G Read 10 A G Read 12 C G File 2 in directory contains Read 5 A G Read 6 T C Read 7 G A Read 8 G A Read 20 A T File2 contains (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: empyrean
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files from the directory except the ones in the log file

I have a log file with contents like below. Repository: https://someserver:9443/ Workspace: (1000) "test_scripts_ws" Component: (1001) "some_Automated_Scripts" Change sets: (1002) ---$ john "test memory" 17-Sep-2014 02:24 PM Changes: --a--... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory containing files,Print names of the files in the directory that are exactly same content.

Given a directory containing say a few thousand files, please output a list of all the names of the files in the directory that are exactly the same, i.e. have the same contents. func(a_directory_name) output -> {“matches”: , ... ]} e.g. func(“/home/my/files”) where the directory... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
7 Replies
mdbFontSize(5)							 The m17n Library						    mdbFontSize(5)

NAME
mdbFontSize - Font Size DESCRIPTION
In some case, a font contains incorrect information about its size (typically in the case of a hacked TrueType font), which results in a bad text layout when such a font is used in combination with the other fonts. To overcome this problem, the m17n library loads information about font-size adjustment from the m17n database by the tags <font, resize>. The data is loaded as a plist of this format. FONT-SIZE-ADJUSTMENT ::= PER-FONT * PER-FONT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC ADJUST-RATIO ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY ')' ADJUST-RATIO ::= INTEGER FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. ADJUST-RATIO is an integer number specifying by percentage how much the font-size must be adjusted. For instance, this PER-FONT: ((devanagari-cdac) 150) instructs the font handler of the m17n library to open a font of 1.5 times bigger than a requested size on opening a font whose registry is 'devanagari-cdac'. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontSize(5)