Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault Post 302714785 by DGPickett on Friday 12th of October 2012 04:22:22 PM
Old 10-12-2012
Yes, -g and no strip makes it easier to unscrew.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Hi! segmentation fault

I have written a program which takes a directory as command line arguments and displays all the dir and files in it. I don't know why I have a problem with the /etc directory.It displays all the directories and files untill it reaches a sub directory called peers which is in /etc/ppp/peers.the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
4 Replies

2. AIX

Segmentation fault

Hi , During execution a backup binary i get following error "Program error 11 (Segmentation fault), saving core file in '/usr/datatools" Riyaz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rshaikh
2 Replies

3. Linux

Segmentation fault

Hi, on a linux Red HAT(with Oracle DB 9.2.0.7) I have following error : RMAN> delete obsolete; RMAN retention policy will be applied to the command RMAN retention policy is set to redundancy 2 using channel ORA_DISK_1 Segmentation fault What does it mean ? And the solution ? Many thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

4. Programming

segmentation fault

What is segmentation fault(core dumped) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokult
1 Replies

5. Programming

Segmentation fault.

I'm getting a segmentation fault. I'm new to Linux programming. Thanks so much for all of your input.:eek: #include </usr/include/mysql++/mysql++.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> #include <sstream> #include <string.h> using namespace std; int outputToImport(const char*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sepoto
1 Replies

6. Programming

segmentation fault.

This code is causing a segmentation fault and I can't figure out why. I'm new to UNIX and I need to learn how to avoid this segmentation fault thing. Thank you so much. Thanks also for the great answers to my last post.:):b: int main() { mysqlpp::Connection conn(false); if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
3 Replies

7. Programming

Segmentation fault gdb

Hello everyone, I am using the debugger from C++ and these are the message I got: Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0x0040cc0e in malloc_consolidate (av=0x4ff3c0) at malloc.c:5169 in malloc.c I don't know if the problem is cause i'm trying to acess an invalid memory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: juliecf5
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Segmentation Fault

this is a network programming code to run a rock paper scissors in a client and server. I completed it and it was working without any error. After I added the findWinner function to the server code it starts giving me segmentation fault. -the segmentation fault is fixed Current problem -Also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: femchi
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using gdb to detect segmentation fault in sh?

I am using scientific linux. In the directory user/project/Build, after I ran 'make' to compile and link all the cpp files,I had no problems. But then, when I went to directory user/run/run.sh, which runs the project binary in user/project/Build/bin/project, I get a segmentation fault error. In... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: larry burns
1 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
TIFFReadRawStrip(3tiff) 				 Introduction to Library Functions				   TIFFReadRawStrip(3tiff)

NAME
TIFFReadRawStrip - return the undecoded contents of a strip of data from an open TIFF file SYNOPSIS
#include <tiffio.h> tsize_t TIFFReadRawStrip(TIFF* tif, tstrip_t strip, tdata_t buf, tsize_t size) DESCRIPTION
Read the contents of the specified strip into the user supplied data buffer. Note that the value of strip is a "raw strip number". That is, the caller must take into account whether or not the data is organized in separate planes (PlanarConfiguration=2). To read a full strip of data, the data buffer should typically be at least as large as the value returned by TIFFStripSize. All error messages are directed to the TIFFError(3tiff) routine. RETURN VALUES
Returns the actual number of bytes of data that were placed in buf. Returns -1 if an error was encountered. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWTiff | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libtiff(3), TIFFOpen(3tiff), TIFFReadEncodedStrip(3tiff), TIFFReadScanline(3tiff), TIFFStripSize(3tiff) NOTES
This man page was originally written by Sam Leffler. Updated by Breda McColgan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 05 Apr 2004 TIFFReadRawStrip(3tiff)