Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: QOS using tc
Special Forums IP Networking QOS using tc Post 302714017 by rink on Thursday 11th of October 2012 03:02:19 PM
Old 10-11-2012
Hello DGPickett

dport will be destination (for internal LAN )in OUTPUT chain , this mean it is outgoing traffic.

i cannot understand your answer , please clear your answer with some explanation

Thanks

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

802 QOS/ Bandwidth Control

My question is such: I want to control the bandwidth of my users and cap there speed on the network. I was told by a Cisco rep that it is better to police or control the bandwidth at the switch and not via the router. It that the correct place to control bandwidth at the switch or would it be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

QOS script

Does anyone know how can I determine which user is UPLOADING via http protocol? Like sending video on youtube? Or maybe how to throttle multimedia uploads ? Or any uploads? maybe get packet size? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkman_hr
9 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

QOS packet scheduler and group policy

hi, did anyone know how to configure a priority of dns ports (and other ports) on QOS on windows 2003? hard to understand the group policy "explain" tab on 'qos packet scheduler', no elaboration on how to use it. thanks for any comment you may add. ---------- Post updated at 05:03 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Internet QOS woes

I'm looking for recommendations for a general problem. Apparently (that is according to my boss and coworkers) I am responsible for guaranteeing quality of service to our remote MySQL server during the course of the day. They may run a complete database restore for any number of reasons and are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
1 Replies
FAXANSWER(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      FAXANSWER(8)

NAME
faxanswer - tell a HylaFAX server to answer the telephone SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxanswer [ -q queue-dir ] [ -h how ] modem DESCRIPTION
faxanswer sends a message to the HylaFAX faxgetty(8) process servicing modem telling it to answer the telephone. This is useful, for exam- ple, when a modem is used on a shared phone line and the server is configured to not normally answer the phone. The specified modem can either be the name (typically the last component of the terminal port the modem is attached to), or the full name of the associated FIFO named pipe file, e.g. ``FIFO.ttym2''. OPTIONS
-q dir Use a spooling area other than /var/spool/hylafax. -h Specify exactly how the phone should be answered. By default, the server process is instructed to answer the phone and accept any kind of call (voice, data, fax). Discrimination of the type of call is dependent on a modem's adaptive-answer support. The -h option can be used to force the server to answer the phone for particular type of call: one of fax, data, voice, any, extern (to force faxgetty to invoke an external application to to handle the call), or dialX (where X is a dialstring to dial before initiating a fax reception). If using dialX, the specified dialstring will likely need to end with a semicolon (``;''). FILES
/var/spool/hylafax default spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/FIFO fifo for contacting faxq Consult hylafax-server(5) for a complete discussion of the structure and content of the spooling area. SEE ALSO
hylafax-server(5), faxgetty(8) May 23, 1996 FAXANSWER(8)