Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting List file NOT present in other directory Post 302713871 by Lord Spectre on Thursday 11th of October 2012 11:20:55 AM
Old 10-11-2012
List file NOT present in other directory

Dear community,
I have one LOG directory with some files. What I need to do is list ONLY the files that are not present in other directory.
Using Bash programming!

Code:
LOG DIR      |     SYNC DIR
FILE1        |      FILE1
FILE2        |      FILE3
FILE3        |      OTHER FILENAME
FILE4        |
FILE5        |

In this case there are 5 files under LOG directory and 3 files under SYNC directory, so the output list I'm expecting is
Code:
FILE2
FILE4
FILE5

Could someone help me? Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How one can list only the name of directories present in the directory by using ls co

How one can list only the name of directories present in the directory by using ls command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amolpatil54321
2 Replies

2. Programming

Getting present working directory

How can I get the present working directory in unix system using c programming and stored it in a string ?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: winsonlee
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls > file - Creating file containing the list of all files present in a directory

Hi All, I need to create a file which contains the list of all the files present in that directory. e.g., ls /export/home/user/*.dat > list_file.dat but what i am getting is: $ ls /export/home/user/*.dat > list_file.dat /export/home/user/*.dat: No such file or directory But I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Check whether list file present in TXT file exist or not

Hi All, I have txt file which has list of files. I have to check whether these files exist or not. Thanks supriya (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supriyabv
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send an alert if a file is present in a directory for 10 min

hi, A script which look into a directory and send an alert via a mail. If there is any file exisiting in a directory for more then 10 min. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madfox
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to list files not present in audio.txt file

I am having following folder structure. /root/audios/pop /root/audios/jazz /root/audios/rock Inside those pop, jazz, rock folders there are following files, p1.ul, p2.ul, p3.ul, j1.ul, j2.ul, j3.ul, r1.ul, r2.ul, r3.ul And I have a file named as "audio.txt" in the path /root/audios,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopikrish81
11 Replies

7. Solaris

how to find the list of all packages present in a directory

Hi I'm in a directory named /tmp/mq7 i need to upgrade the mq version from 6 to 7 but im not sure where is the package located ? which command in solaris will show me the list of all the packages present in the directory /tmp/mq7 ? my box is running with solaris version 10. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy all the contents of a list of files present in a folder to a particular file?

Hi All, I want to copy all the contents of a list of files in a folder to a particular file. i am using following command: cat dir/* >> newFile.txtIt's not working. Could you please help? Thanks, Pranav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pranav Bhasker
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Systemd errors of missing file “No such file or directory” inspite of file being present

The contents of my service file srvtemplate-data-i4-s1.conf is Description=test service for users After=network.target local-fs.target Type=forking RemainAfterExit=no PIDFile=/data/i4/srvt.pid LimitCORE=infinity EnvironmentFile=%I . . . WantedBy=multi-user.target (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total record count of all the file present in a directory

Hi All , We need one help on the below requirement.We have multiple pipe delimited .txt file(around 100 .txt files) present on one directory.We need the total record count of all the files present in that directory without header.File format as below : ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
8 Replies
DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(3Dwt)											     DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(3Dwt)

Name
       DwtScrollWindowSetAreas - Sets up or adds the window region, and the horizontal or vertical scroll bar widgets to the scroll window widget.

Syntax
       void DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(widget, horizontal_scroll_bar,				vertical_scroll_bar, work_region)
	    Widget widget;
	    Widget horizontal_scroll_bar;
	    Widget vertical_scroll_bar;
	    Widget work_region;

Arguments
       widget	 Specifies the scroll window widget ID.

horizontal_scroll_bar
		 Specifies  the scroll bar widget ID for the horizontal scroll bar to be associated with the scroll window widget.  You can set or
		 specify this ID only after creating an instance of the main window widget.  The attribute name associated with this  argument	is
		 DwtNhorizontalScrollBar.

vertical_scroll_bar
		 Specifies  the  scroll  bar widget ID for the vertical scroll bar to be associated with the scroll window widget.  You can set or
		 specify this ID only after creating an instance of the main window widget.  The attribute name associated with this  argument	is
		 DwtNverticalScrollBar.

work_region
		 Specifies  the  widget  ID for the window to be associated with the scroll window work area.  You can set or specify this ID only
		 after you create an instance of the main window widget.

Description
       The DwtScrollWindowSetAreas function adds or changes a window work region and a horizontal or vertical scroll bar widget to the scroll win-
       dow  widget  for  the  application.  You must call this function before the scroll window widget is realized, that is, before calling the X
       intrinsics function XtRealizeWidget.  Each widget is optional and may be passed as NULL.

See Also
       DwtScrollWindow(3Dwt), DwtWindow(3Dwt),
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit: C Language Binding
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit Intrinsics: C Language Binding

DwtScrollWindowSetAreas(3Dwt)