Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Paging space is 100% full
Operating Systems AIX Paging space is 100% full Post 302713337 by funksen on Wednesday 10th of October 2012 01:36:38 PM
Old 10-10-2012
forgot the possibility to add memory, as zaxxon wrote, what, of course is possible with dlpar online dynamically
but that usually wont work if your system is already at 100% paging space Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

swap space / paging space

how do you get the paging space reduced without rebooting the machine ? the os is aix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronh
2 Replies

2. AIX

Paging Space per process

This is my first post, and I am new to the UNIX world. Hopefully this question won't be too lame. I know that I can use topas to see the paging space used by some processes. I would like to script something that can add up the paging space used by process owned by or associated with an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alntht
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Paging space definition

sorry for this silly question, I am new to UNIX, what is meant by paging space and what is its purpose? what is also meant by hd6 paging space? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: docaia
2 Replies

4. AIX

Paging space

Hello everyone I have 4g of paging space in my rootvg disk I´m going to reduce them to 1gb in my rootvg disk and add 3gb of paging space on my san disk. My rootvg disk is mirror. My question is I can do this on line ? and I can do with the mirror ? or I need to unmirror first my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

5. AIX

reduce used paging space

Hi I have used gzip on AIX and the used paging space has jumped from 7% to 20%. The gzip process is finished since a long time. But the used paging space is still the same. How to release this space ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bfarah
1 Replies

6. AIX

paging space

Hello everyone I have a doubt about how many paging space can have in the same disk. lsps -a Page Space Physical Volume Volume Group Size %Used Active Auto Type paging00 hdisk0 rootvg 3072MB 1 yes yes lv hd6 hdisk0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

7. AIX

LV without Paging Space

Hello dear friends, We have VG filevg which consists of 2 PVs when I rechecked the VG there is no Pagingspace LV.. The VG is usually Highly loaded because much reads and writes.. Is this a must to create Paging space on the specified LV? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

8. AIX

Paging space

Hi, I have paging size 2048M showed from topas and 10240M showed from "lsps -a", can anyone tell what is the difference? and how to change the PAGING SIZE (showed in topas) to 8192M? Can you please tell in detail step? Thanks! Victor #topas Topas Monitor for host: egsprc01dev ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
10 Replies

9. AIX

which setting defines behaviour when paging space runs full ?

Hi, I have a bunch of AIX systems which usually have more than enough memory to live happily. Unfortunately we have on a few of our boxes an rman runaway problem - every now and than after restoring from rman backups, the process goes crazy and eats all memory it could possibly get hold off -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
0 Replies

10. AIX

No Paging Space Available

Whilst perfoming some tests on lvm's I managed to crash our test box. No real problem as it is only used by our tech team. however I would like to know why this was actually caused as the task being performed at the time was one which I though would not have any impact. Using dd I was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tugger
5 Replies
MUNLOCK(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							MUNLOCK(2)

NAME
munlock - reenable paging for some parts of memory SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/mman.h> int munlock(const void *addr, size_t len); DESCRIPTION
munlock reenables paging for the memory in the range starting at addr with length len bytes. All pages which contain a part of the speci- fied memory range can after calling munlock be moved to external swap space again by the kernel. Memory locks do not stack, i.e., pages which have been locked several times by calls to mlock or mlockall will be unlocked by a single call to munlock for the corresponding range or by munlockall. Pages which are mapped to several locations or by several processes stay locked into RAM as long as they are locked at least at one location or by at least one process. On POSIX systems on which mlock and munlock are available, _POSIX_MEMLOCK_RANGE is defined in <unistd.h> and the value PAGESIZE from <lim- its.h> indicates the number of bytes per page. RETURN VALUE
On success, munlock returns zero. On error, -1 is returned, errno is set appropriately, and no changes are made to any locks in the address space of the process. ERRORS
ENOMEM Some of the specified address range does not correspond to mapped pages in the address space of the process. EINVAL len was not a positive number. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1b, SVr4 SEE ALSO
mlock(2), mlockall(2), munlockall(2) Linux 1.3.43 1995-11-26 MUNLOCK(2)