Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rootvg /abc file is full
Operating Systems AIX Rootvg /abc file is full Post 302713319 by funksen on Wednesday 10th of October 2012 01:09:41 PM
Old 10-10-2012
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/28128232.jpg

reduce another filesystems space
Code:
chfs -a size=-xxx /filesystemanem

or increase the size of the vgs hdisks

ps sry for the meme Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make ABC into "ABC" ina file

suppose u have a file ABC CDF ADF FDG HAA AHH AHA so output shud be like "ABC" "CDF" "ADF" FDG " "HAA" "AHH" "AHA" (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String start with ABC

Hi, How to find out the words starting with ABC in a file (K shell) I dont want the word having ABC in middle of any string. Thanks Subrat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subrat
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is difference between ./abc.sh and . abc.sh

Hi Friends I have one shell script abc.sh If I run it ./abc.sh and . abc.sh , then what is the difference.. Thanks Joy:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment ABC-123 by 1!!

in a shell script, i hav a variable declared as "ABC-123". i want to incriment th value ABC-123 by 1 so that the result will be ABC-124. Can anyone suggest a solution in shell scripting.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgmfourms
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace 'abc' with 'xyz'

Hi everyone I am new to unix . i got struck up with small issue. i have text file something like this abc 'xyz' '5' pqr 'lmn' '6' i want to replace abc 'xyz' '5' with abc 'tyr' '9' but i know the key 'xyz' based on the key 'xyz' i want to replace please help me . its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijayaragavan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

get value between <abc and > by perl, awk

Hi Everyone, cat 1.txt a <abc b vfff c 000> d 4444 the output is: <abcvfff000> by using perl or awk, can get the value betwee "<abc" and ">", assume 1.txt has lots of those tags, so the output can filter out all those values. Please advice. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

egrep 'TextToFind' certainSubFolders/*.abc

Hi, I'm trying to do the following and can't figure out how to achieve it. On my computer there are a number of folders called 'program' at various levels. I would like to search for these folders (that are below my current level) and then use egrep to search for a string within files that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: js8765
6 Replies
MRENAME(1)						      General Commands Manual							MRENAME(1)

NAME
mrename - program to rename files SYNOPSIS
mrename 'pattern' prefix [option] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mrename command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. mrename is a tool for easy and automatic renaming of many files. The 'pattern' is the pattern to search files to rename (quoted to avoid that bash resolve it), and prefix is the prefix that will be added to the name of each file. The two alternative options for copying or moving files in the new name are explained below. All parameters are needed, and you have to stay and launch the script in the same direc- tory of the files to be renamed. The program should be able to write in this directory. OPTIONS
There are only the following three options. -c The option -c will copy each file with the new filename. -m The option -m will move each file in the new filename. -h Display help. EXAMPLE
If you have a directory with two jpeg images prof.jpg and forp.jpg and you want to add them a prefix like item0, item1 etc.. (that is item0prof.jpg, item1forp.jpg etc..) do this: cd /path/to/the/images mrename '*.jpg' item -c to copy each matching file into another with the new name mrename '*.jpg' item -m to rename each file without keeping a copy with the previous name Word-Wide-Web: http://alfalinux.sourceforge.net/mrename.php3 AUTHOR
: Giancarlo -rofus- Erra e-mail: rofus@mindless.com This manual page was written by Dr. Guenter Bechly <gbechly@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). It is distributed under the GPL just like mrename itself. October 22, 2000 MRENAME(1)