Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format Post 302713293 by asnandhakumar on Wednesday 10th of October 2012 12:44:16 PM
Old 10-10-2012
Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends,

I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving...

File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy the valid string/lines to a output .CSV file based on the given search criteria.

I have attched the joblist and log file for your reference. Any early help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
NK

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to compare two csv files values and write into another csv file

Hi all, Am new to scripting. So i just need your ideas to help me out. Here goes my requirement. I have two csv files 1.csv 2.csv abc,1.24 abc,1 def,2.13 def,1 I need to compare the first column of 1.csv with 2.csv and if matches then need to compare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinnahyd
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

format output in csv file

I am sending the output of a file to .csv file. The output should look like this: Total Customers Processed:,8 Total Customers Skipped:,0 Total Customers Added:,8 Total Customers Changed:,0 Total Policies Deleted:,0 Total Policies Failed:,0 total:,8 Now i want this output in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prashant Jain
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract strings from file and display in csv format

Hello All, I have a file whose data looks something like this I want to extract just the id, name and city fields in a csv format and sort them by id. Output should look like this. 1,psi,zzz 2,beta,pqr 3,theta,xyz 4,alpha,abc 5,gamma,jkl (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csv format output file using scirpt

Hi All, I get the test result file daily after running the main test script. from the resultfile, need to fetch only server info and status and put them in tabular format in a file and as well in CSV format output file. I tried using awk command but am not able to put them in tabluar... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two and write updated output in third file

Hi Linux Experts. I have a requirement where i need to update the thousands of table definitions to extend the column length and character set therefore i am looking for some sort of linux script which i can use to update the length and chacterset. I have two files In first file i have 7... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Black-Linux
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse this file using awk and output in CSV format?

My source file looks like this: Cust-Number = "101" Cust-Name="Joe" Cust-Town="London" Cust-hobby="tennis" Cust-purchase="200" Cust-Number = "102" Cust-Name="Mary" Cust-Town="Newyork" Cust-hobby="reading" Cust-purchase="125" Now I want to parse this file (leaving out hobby) and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balav
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Use strings from nth field from one file to match strings in entire line in another file, awk

I cannot seem to get what should be a simple awk one-liner to work correctly and cannot figure out why. I would like to use patterns from a specific field in one file as regex to search for matching strings in the entire line ($0) of another file. I would like to output the lines of File2 which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jvoot
1 Replies

10. Programming

Python or Shell script to Grep strings from input file and output in csv format

Hi Experts, I am writing a python script to grep string from file and display output in csv file as in attached screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gfUUdfmQma33tz65NskThYDhkZUGQO0H/view Input file(result_EPFT_config_device) Below is the python script i have prepared as of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
grablogs.conf(4)						   File Formats 						  grablogs.conf(4)

NAME
grablogs.conf - grablogs configuration for libgrablogs.so of the plugins of gnome-system-log file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf DESCRIPTION
The libgrablogs.so is a plugin for gnome-system-log(1), it colloct the log files from the system as many as possible. grablogs.conf is a configuration file that contains a set of lines mixed with sh(1) syntax codes and individual log files. libgrablogs.so will read the file try to get a log files list for gnome-system-log(1). Users can copy the file into $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p` to overwrite the system default one. The grablogs.conf file contains the following configuration categories: [configs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a config file of System. The plugin will open the config file and try to find all system paths of the logs. [commands] Each line under this category is interpreted as a shell command and will be execute through a pipe. And each line of the out- put of the command will be interpreted as a log path. [logs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a log path. FILES
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf The system default configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p`/grablogs.conf The user specific configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so EMAMPLE
[configs] /etc/syslog.conf [commands] for i in `svcs -aH -o FMRI | grep -v lrc `; do svcprop -p restarter/logfile $i 2>/dev/null || svcprop -q -p restarter/alt_logfile $i 2>/dev/null ; done [logs] /var/log/messages /var/log/secure /var/log/maillog /var/log/cron /var/log/Xorg.0.log /var/log/XFree86.0.log /var/log/auth.log /var/log/cups/error_log SEE ALSO
gnome-system-log(1), pipelog.conf(1) gnome-utils 2.16.0 13 Oct 2006 grablogs.conf(4)