Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting zipping files then remove the folders Post 302713109 by pamu on Wednesday 10th of October 2012 09:39:23 AM
Old 10-10-2012
Code:
cd /path/folder1
if [ -f *.* ]; then
ls -lrt | awk -v '/^\-/{print $6,$NF}' | while read month filename
do
mkdir -p /path/folder1/${month}_bkp_files
mv ${filename} /path/folder1/${month}_bkp_files
zip -r ${month}_bkp_files.zip ${month}_bkp_files
rm ${month}_bkp_files
done
else
echo "No Files exists to backup"
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy all files and folders and cjange or remove ownership

So tried: cp -r -p test1/ user@machine:///srv/www/vhosts/domain.co.uk/httpdocs/backup/ but this didn't work either :( Anyone able to help with this? Many thanks Mr M (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: misterm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i remove files with extension in many folders

hello i have 2 question if i have 1 folder and under this folder many many sub folders and in every folders many files with man extension like *php * jpg * gif i need to remove all *php files 1- from tha main folder only 2- from tha main folder and all sub folders the second how... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ateya
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zipping files?

how would i zip a file? what does zip mean? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trob
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

how to remove inner files without removing child folders

Hi, I want to write a command to remove all the files from a folder and inner child folder without removing the child folders of parent folder. like I have folder like this... folder a/b/c file a/test.sql file a/b/test2.txt file a/b/c/temp.jpeg now I want to remove all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove inner files without removing child folders

Hi, I want to write a command to remove all the files from a folder and inner child folder without removing the child folders of parent folder. like I have folder like this... Code: folder a/b/c file a/test.sql file a/b/test2.txt file a/b/c/temp.jpeg now I want to remove... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Some manipulations with files and folders. (loop, find, create and remove)

Hello! I need to realize such task. 1. In my user's home dir I have folder1; 2. In folder1 I have some (various count) subfolders with random names; 3. In these subfolders I have one file anyname.pdf (various name in each subfolder) and file content.txt (constant name in each subfolder) ##... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: optik77
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for folders/parent folders not files.

Hello again, A little while back I got help with creating a command to search all directories and sub directories for files from daystart of day x. I'm wondering if there is a command that I've overlooked that may be able to search for / write folder names to an output file which ideally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files/folders and show the files/folders?

Hi, So i know we use cp -r as a basic to copy folders/files. I would like this BUT i would like to show the output of the files being copied. With the amazing knowledge i have i have gone as far as this: 1) find source/* -exec cp -r {} target/ \; 2) for ObjectToBeCopied in `find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
6 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Help with Grouping and zipping folders

Hi can you please help with the below ? source file: Column1,Column2,Column3,Column4 abc,123,dir1/FXX/F19,1 abc,123,dir1/FXX/F20,1 abc,123,dir1/FXX/F23,2 abc,123,dir1/FXX/C25,2 abc,123,dir1/FXX/X25,2 abc,123,dir1/FXX/A23,3 abc,123,dir1/FXX/Z25,3 abc,123,dir1/FXX/Y25,4 I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paul1234
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and removing the old files and zipping the files using shell script

Hi, I am trying to removing the old files which were older than 10 days and same g zipping the files using the shell script. script was return as follows. find /jboss7_homes/JBOSS7/SKYLIV??/SKYLIV??_CRM/jboss-eap-7.0/standalone/log -mtime +10 -type f | xargs rm -f find /cer_skyliv??/log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
6 Replies
JDMONTHNAME(3)								 1							    JDMONTHNAME(3)

jdmonthname - Returns a month name

SYNOPSIS
string jdmonthname (int $julianday, int $mode) DESCRIPTION
Returns a string containing a month name. $mode tells this function which calendar to convert the Julian Day Count to, and what type of month names are to be returned. Calendar modes +-----+--------------------------------------+---+ |Mode | | | | | | | | | Meaning | | | | | | | | Values | | | | | | +-----+--------------------------------------+---+ | 0 | | | | | | | | | Gregorian - abbreviated | | | | | | | | Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, | | | | Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec | | | | | | | 1 | | | | | | | | | Gregorian | | | | | | | | January, February, March, April, | | | | May, June, July, August, September, | | | | October, November, December | | | | | | | 2 | | | | | | | | | Julian - abbreviated | | | | | | | | Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, | | | | Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec | | | | | | | 3 | | | | | | | | | Julian | | | | | | | | January, February, March, April, | | | | May, June, July, August, September, | | | | October, November, December | | | | | | | 4 | | | | | | | | | Jewish | | | | | | | | Tishri, Heshvan, Kislev, Tevet, She- | | | | vat, AdarI, AdarII, Nisan, Iyyar, | | | | Sivan, Tammuz, Av, Elul | | | | | | | 5 | | | | | | | | | French Republican | | | | | | | | Vendemiaire, Brumaire, Frimaire, | | | | Nivose, Pluviose, Ventose, Germinal, | | | | Floreal, Prairial, Messidor, Thermi- | | | | dor, Fructidor, Extra | | | | | | +-----+--------------------------------------+---+ PARAMETERS
o $jday - The Julian Day to operate on o $calendar - The calendar to take the month name from RETURN VALUES
The month name for the given Julian Day and $calendar. PHP Documentation Group JDMONTHNAME(3)