Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extract a pattern from a xml file Post 302713085 by RudiC on Wednesday 10th of October 2012 09:14:25 AM
Old 10-10-2012
@elixir_sinari: your command will output all double quoted strings in that file fragment. Omiting the end of the address range (,/<\/Variable>/) will output the variable name only, as desired.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract text from xml file

I have some xml files that got created by exporting a website from RedDot. I would like to extract the cost, course number, description, and meeting information. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16" standalone="yes" ?> - <PAG PAG0="3AE6FCFD86D34896A82FCA3B7B76FF90" PAG3="525312"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisf
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract a number within an xml file

Hi Everyone, I have an sh script that I am working on and I have run into a little snag that I am hoping someone here can assist me with. I am using wget to retrieve an xml file from thetvdb.com. This part works ok but what I need to be able to do is extract the series ID # from the xml and put... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tret
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract Field Value from XML file

Hi, Within a UNIX shell script I need to extract a value from an XML field. The field will contain different values but will always be 6 digits in length. E.g.: <provider-id>999999</provider-id> I've tried various ways but no luck. Any ideas how I might get the provider id (in this case... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnclayt11
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract XML content from a file

310439 2012-01-11 03:44:42,291 INFO PutServlet:? - Content of the Message is:="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><ESP_SSIA_ACC_FEED> 310440 <BATCH_ID>12345678519</BATCH_ID> 310441 <UID>3498748823</UID> 310442 <FEED_TYPE>FULL</FEED_TYPE> 310443 <MART_NAME>SSIA_DM_TRANSACTIONS</MART_NAME> 310444... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a pattern from xml file

Hi, In a single line I have the below xml content <lst name="responseHeader"><int name="status">0</int><int name="QTime">1</int></lst><lst name="status"><lst name=""><str name="name"/><str name="instanceDir">/var/www/search/current/Search/solr/./</str><str... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract XML tag value from file

Hello, Hope you are doing fine. I have an log file which looks like as follows: Some junk text1 Date: Thu Mar 15 13:38:46 CDT 2012 DATA SENT SUCCESSFULL: Some jun text 2 Date: Thu Mar 15 13:38:46 CDT 2012 DATA SENT SUCCESSFULL: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srattani
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from XML file

Hi , I have input file as XML. following are input data #complex.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <TEST_doc xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <ENTRY uid="123456"> <protein> <name>PROT001</name> <organism>Human</organism> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan sharma
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get extract text from xml file

Hi Collegue, i have a file say a.xml. it has contents <bpelFault><faultType>1</faultType><genericSystemFault xmlns=""><part name="payload"><v2:Fault... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a particular xml only from an xml jar file

Hi..need help on how to extract a particular xml file only from an xml jar file... thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty000
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a value from an xml file

I have this XML file format and all in one line: Fri Dec 23 00:14:52 2016 Logged Message:689|<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><PORT_RESPONSE><HEADER><ORIGINATOR>XMG</ORIGINATOR><DESTINAT... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
16 Replies
GOOGLE-SITEMAPGEN(1)					      General Commands Manual					      GOOGLE-SITEMAPGEN(1)

NAME
google-sitemapgen -- simple script to automate production of sitemaps for a webserver SYNOPSIS
google-sitemapgen [--testing] [--help] [--config=config.xml] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the google-sitemapgen command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. google-sitemapgen is a program that automatically produces sitemaps for a webserver, in the Google Sitemap Protocol (GSP). Sitemap files are XML listings of content you make available on your web server. The files can be directly submitted to search engines as hints for the search engine web crawlers as they index your web site. This can result in better coverage of your web content in search engine indices, and less of your bandwidth spent doing it. OPTIONS
--config=config.xml Specify the location of the configuration config.xml --testing Used to test the sitemap generator configuration. --help Display a summary of options and exit. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/google-sitemapgen/examples/example_config.xml.gz AUTHOR
Google Sitemap was originally written by Google Code <opensource@google.com>. This manual page was written by Kumar Appaiah <akumar@ee.iitm.ac.in> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. GOOGLE-SITEMAPGEN(1)