Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need Help, I want to reset password for Sun Fire T2000 Server Post 302712955 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 10th of October 2012 05:11:58 AM
Old 10-10-2012
during bootup of the ALOM (powercycle!) press the ESC key. this should bring you to a menu where you can reset the password.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to reset SC admin password in Netra T2000 server?

I have one Sun Netra T2000 Server. The ALOM SC admin password of this server is not known. Could you anyone help and tell me how can i reset the SC admin account password?? Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_shet
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Error while trying to boot from cdrom on Sun Fire T2000

Hi Guyz, I recently downloaded sol-10-u6-ga1-sparc-dvd.iso from Sun. I burned the disk as cd .iso. When trying to boot at the ok> boot cdrom i get the following error: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Boot device:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mwamba
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Server T2000 occasionally reboot

Hi, i am really 'fresh' to Solaris or any UNIX OS. My role as web developer but i need slightly involve to Solaris support. It is harder for me to understand it and i recently encounter a problems. /var file system (/dev/md/rdsk/d425) is being checked. run fsck -F ufs /dev/md/rdsk/d425 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: webster5u
8 Replies

4. Solaris

How to create Logical domain in Sun Fire T2000 server

Hi I am fresher in Virtualisation in solaris 10.I need to know how to install and configure guest OS, I have a server Sun T2000 with solaris 10 OS BASE. How to install logical domain, what are the prerequest for installing l domain can some one guide me what are the basic requirement to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
2 Replies

5. Hardware

Hardware RAID on Sun T2000 Server

Hi All I have a Sun T2000 server. Couple of years ago I had configured and mirrored the boot drive with an other drive using hardware RAID 1 using raidctl command. Following is the hardware RAID output. root@oracledatabaseserver / $ raidctl RAID Volume RAID RAID Disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Firmware password Solaris Sun Fire v440

Hi: I bougth an used Sun Fire v440, and It have a firmware password. When I turn on the server, it ask for firmware password. (I don 't know what is the correct password). I can access to SC, but when I want to access to OBP, Firmware Password appears again. I remove the battery for two hours,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mguazzardo
1 Replies

7. Hardware

Sun fire 4270 reset BIOS settings after reboot

Hello, I am trying to perform Suse 10 SP3 installation via network in 6 Sun Fire 4270 M2 servers. The problem is that even if i set first prio boot device the hard disk the system always try to boot from network.And after the first restart the BIOS setting has been lost(and PXE come first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Recover/Reset Sun Java System Server Console password

I am administering a Solaris 10 server that I have root password for but need to get to the system server console. The password has been 'forgotten'. I've tried changing it in /var/opt/mps/serverroot/admin-serv/config/admpw and local.conf with the current hashed password in /etc/shadow for a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jameson
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Reset password RSC SUN V490

Dear all Can you help me to reset RSC from Sun V490 Inside this machine the Operating System is broken.. please help guys thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gema.utama
1 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)