Sponsored Content
The Lounge War Stories Anger management at work without others finding out Post 302712747 by DGPickett on Tuesday 9th of October 2012 04:31:30 PM
Old 10-09-2012
If you build from source, you can hang libraries anywhere you want. I suggest $HOME/myroot/. Developers are allowed to compile open source, right?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Password management / centralized password management

Hello all, I need help for build server call as Password management / centralized password management server. My situation and example: I have 600 server in my server room running on Linux then I need 1 server only can create login/password and then user can login to all 600 server no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheikh76
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

NIC will not work, but it did work.

I have a client machine that was built and loaded with SCO UNIX 2.1.3, (yes it is old). The machine worked fine on the closed network that I tested on in my shop. I then had to change it to the network that it would be connected to. Below is the host file, router and subnet mask file that I usually... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NC user
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

IP Management

Hello all, I was wondering which way do you use to manage you IPs? For example in our case we have excel sheets and we export them in html first and import it to a server running apache, so to be visible from all. But i was wondering if there are any way (prefer a way running in web server)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script work on Linux but not work in sunos.

My script work on Linux but not work in sun os. my script. logFiles="sentLog1.log sentLog2.log" intial_time="0 0" logLocation="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/" sleepTime=600 failMessage=":: $(tput bold)Log not update$(tput rmso) = " successMessage="OK" arr=($logFiles)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
7 Replies

7. IP Networking

Discussion at work, would a router work pluging a cable in wan1 and lan1?

hi all. and sorry for the random question, but this sparkled a raging flame-war at work and i want more points of view situation a router, with linux of some sort, dhcp client requesting for ip in wan1 (as usual with wan ports) dhcp server listening in lan1, and assigning ip (as usual... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
9 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Individual Risk Management (Personal IT Security) and Browser Cache Management

Original post from this thread on browser caching. To add to this, it is an effective security measure to clear absolutely all cached data (cookies, web content, ....) when closing the browser - i.e. in case of a shutdown. It takes a bit of work to re-login to all the sites but websites will not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
7 Replies
WINEGCC(1)						      Wine Developers Manual							WINEGCC(1)

NAME
winegcc - Wine C and C++ MinGW Compatible Compiler SYNOPSIS
winegcc [options] infile... DESCRIPTION
winegcc is a gcc wrapper which tries to provide a MinGW compatible compiler under Linux. This is most useful to Win32 developers who can simply take their MinGW code from Windows, and recompile it without modifications under Winelib on Linux. wineg++ accepts mostly the same options as winegcc. The goal of winegcc is to be able to simply replace gcc/g++/windres with winegcc/wineg++/wrc in a MinGW Makefile, and just recompile the application using Winelib under Wine. While typically there are small adjustments that must be made to the application source code and/or Makefile, it is quite easy to do them in a fashion that is compatible between the MinGW and Wine environments. This manual will document only the differences from gcc; please consult the gcc manual for more information on those options. OPTIONS
gcc options: All gcc options are supported, and are passed along to the backend compiler. -Bprefix This option specifies where to find the executables, libraries, include files, and data files of the compiler itself. This is a standard gcc option that has been extended to recognize a prefix ending with '/tools/winebuild', in which case winegcc enters a spe- cial mode for building Wine itself. Developers should avoid prefixes ending with the magic suffix, or if that is not possible, sim- ply express it differently, such as '/tools/winebuild/', to avoid the special behaviour. -fno-short-wchar Override the underlying type for wchar_t to be the default for the target, instead of using short unsigned int, which is the default for Win32. -mconsole This option passes '--subsystem console' to winebuild, to build console applications. It is the default. -mno-cygwin Use Wine's implementation of MSVCRT, instead of linking against the host system's libc. This is necessary for the vast majority of Win32 applications, as they typically depend on various features of MSVCRT. This switch is also used by the MinGW compiler to link against MSVCRT on Windows, instead of linking against Cygwin's libc. Sharing the syntax with MinGW makes it very easy to write Make- files that work under Wine, MinGW+MSYS, or MinGW+Cygwin. -municode Set the default entry point of the application to be the Unicode wmain() instead of the standard main(). -mwindows This option adds -lgdi32, -lcomdlg32, and -lshell32 to the list of default libraries, and passes '--subsystem windows' to winebuild to build graphical applications. -nodefaultlibs Do not use the standard system libraries when linking. These include at a minimum -lkernel32, -luser32, -ladvapi32, and any default libraries used by the backend compiler. The -mwindows option augments the list of default libraries as described above. -nostartfiles Do not add the winecrt0 library when linking. -Wb,option Pass option as an option to winebuild. If option contains commas, it is split into multiple options at the commas. DEFINES
winegcc defines __WINE__, for code that needs to know when it is being compiled under Wine. It also defines WIN32, _WIN32, __WIN32, __WIN32__, __WINNT, and __WINNT__ for compatibility with MinGW. BUGS
The dllimport/dllexport attributes are not supported at the moment, due to lack of support for these features in the ELF version of gcc. Static linking is not currently supported against Wine's DLL. As a result, the -static, --static, and -Wl,-static options will generate an error. AUTHORS
winegcc was written by Dimitrie O. Paun. SEE ALSO
gcc(1), winebuild(1), wrc(1), wine(1), Winelib User Guide, Wine Developers Guide. Wine 1.2-rc6 October 2005 WINEGCC(1)