Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Serialization of a char buffer Post 302712661 by chercheur857 on Tuesday 9th of October 2012 12:57:04 PM
Old 10-09-2012
with fwrite() ?
Thank you.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to achieve Serialization in Unix C, C++

How to achieve SERIALIZATION in Unix , C, C++ Write Objects directly to disk and read back ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace any char with newline char.

Hi, How to replace any character in a file with a newline character using sed .. Ex: To replace ',' with newline Input: abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop Output: abcd efgh ijkl mnop Thnx in advance. Regards, Sasidhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightysam
5 Replies

3. Programming

Adding a single char to a char pointer.

Hello, I'm trying to write a method which will return the extension of a file given the file's name, e.g. test.txt should return txt. I'm using C so am limited to char pointers and arrays. Here is the code as I have it: char* getext(char *file) { char *extension; int i, j;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
5 Replies

4. Programming

concat const char * with char *

hello everybody! i have aproblem! i dont know how to concatenate const char* with char const char *buffer; char *b; sprintf(b,"result.txt"); strcat(buffer,b); thanx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how first char in odd line and second char in even line

Hi I m having ifconfig -a o/p like sbanlab1:ksh# ifconfig -a | egrep "flags|inet" | awk -F' ' '{print $1,$2}' lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> inet 127.0.0.1 lo0:1: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> inet 127.0.0.1 bge0:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunn.dubeyy
1 Replies

6. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

7. Programming

Special char in a buffer

Hello, Please ,how can verify, if a case of buffer contains a special char ? (in C) Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

8. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies
FREAD(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  FREAD(3)

NAME
fread, fwrite -- binary stream input/output LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> size_t fread(void *restrict ptr, size_t size, size_t nitems, FILE *restrict stream); size_t fwrite(const void *restrict ptr, size_t size, size_t nitems, FILE *restrict stream); DESCRIPTION
The function fread() reads nitems objects, each size bytes long, from the stream pointed to by stream, storing them at the location given by ptr. The function fwrite() writes nitems objects, each size bytes long, to the stream pointed to by stream, obtaining them from the location given by ptr. RETURN VALUES
The functions fread() and fwrite() advance the file position indicator for the stream by the number of bytes read or written. They return the number of objects read or written. If an error occurs, or the end-of-file is reached, the return value is a short object count (or zero). The function fread() does not distinguish between end-of-file and error; callers must use feof(3) and ferror(3) to determine which occurred. The function fwrite() returns a value less than nitems only if a write error has occurred. SEE ALSO
read(2), write(2) STANDARDS
The functions fread() and fwrite() conform to ISO/IEC 9899:1990 (``ISO C90''). BSD
March 8, 1994 BSD