Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Serialization of a char buffer Post 302712655 by chercheur857 on Tuesday 9th of October 2012 12:28:30 PM
Old 10-09-2012
My problème is: i have written a client and a server in C, the client send a char to the server (for example "A") the server increments and send the char "B" to the client etc...

i'd like to:
save the last char received by the client and by the server , for a new connection between them they get the char fom file and continue

is that possible ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to achieve Serialization in Unix C, C++

How to achieve SERIALIZATION in Unix , C, C++ Write Objects directly to disk and read back ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace any char with newline char.

Hi, How to replace any character in a file with a newline character using sed .. Ex: To replace ',' with newline Input: abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop Output: abcd efgh ijkl mnop Thnx in advance. Regards, Sasidhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightysam
5 Replies

3. Programming

Adding a single char to a char pointer.

Hello, I'm trying to write a method which will return the extension of a file given the file's name, e.g. test.txt should return txt. I'm using C so am limited to char pointers and arrays. Here is the code as I have it: char* getext(char *file) { char *extension; int i, j;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
5 Replies

4. Programming

concat const char * with char *

hello everybody! i have aproblem! i dont know how to concatenate const char* with char const char *buffer; char *b; sprintf(b,"result.txt"); strcat(buffer,b); thanx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how first char in odd line and second char in even line

Hi I m having ifconfig -a o/p like sbanlab1:ksh# ifconfig -a | egrep "flags|inet" | awk -F' ' '{print $1,$2}' lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> inet 127.0.0.1 lo0:1: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> inet 127.0.0.1 bge0:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunn.dubeyy
1 Replies

6. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

7. Programming

Special char in a buffer

Hello, Please ,how can verify, if a case of buffer contains a special char ? (in C) Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

8. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies
uvszprintf(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					       uvszprintf(3alleg4)

NAME
uvszprintf - Writes formatted data into a buffer, using size and variable arguments. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int uvszprintf(char *buf, int size, const char *format, va_list args); DESCRIPTION
This is like uszprintf(), but you pass the variable argument list directly, instead of the arguments themselves. Example: #include <stdarg.h> void log_message(const char *format, ...) { char buffer[100]; va_list parameters; va_start(parameters, format); uvszprintf(buffer, sizeof(buffer), format, parameters); va_end(parameters); append_buffer_to_logfile(log_name, buffer); send_buffer_to_other_networked_players(multicast_ip, buffer); and_also_print_it_on_the_screen(cool_font, buffer); } void some_other_function(void) { log_message("Hello %s, are you %d years old? ", "Dave", 25); } RETURN VALUE
Returns the number of characters that would have been written without eventual truncation (like with uvsprintf), not including the termi- nating null character. SEE ALSO
uconvert(3alleg4), uszprintf(3alleg4), uvsprintf(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 uvszprintf(3alleg4)