Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Serialization of a char buffer Post 302712653 by alister on Tuesday 9th of October 2012 12:16:11 PM
Old 10-09-2012
Java is implemented in C++, so the answer to your question is, "yes, it's possible." The how depends on the particulars which you have not specified.

Regards,
Alister
This User Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to achieve Serialization in Unix C, C++

How to achieve SERIALIZATION in Unix , C, C++ Write Objects directly to disk and read back ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace any char with newline char.

Hi, How to replace any character in a file with a newline character using sed .. Ex: To replace ',' with newline Input: abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop Output: abcd efgh ijkl mnop Thnx in advance. Regards, Sasidhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightysam
5 Replies

3. Programming

Adding a single char to a char pointer.

Hello, I'm trying to write a method which will return the extension of a file given the file's name, e.g. test.txt should return txt. I'm using C so am limited to char pointers and arrays. Here is the code as I have it: char* getext(char *file) { char *extension; int i, j;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
5 Replies

4. Programming

concat const char * with char *

hello everybody! i have aproblem! i dont know how to concatenate const char* with char const char *buffer; char *b; sprintf(b,"result.txt"); strcat(buffer,b); thanx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how first char in odd line and second char in even line

Hi I m having ifconfig -a o/p like sbanlab1:ksh# ifconfig -a | egrep "flags|inet" | awk -F' ' '{print $1,$2}' lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> inet 127.0.0.1 lo0:1: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> inet 127.0.0.1 bge0:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunn.dubeyy
1 Replies

6. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

7. Programming

Special char in a buffer

Hello, Please ,how can verify, if a case of buffer contains a special char ? (in C) Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

8. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies
uvszprintf(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					       uvszprintf(3alleg4)

NAME
uvszprintf - Writes formatted data into a buffer, using size and variable arguments. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int uvszprintf(char *buf, int size, const char *format, va_list args); DESCRIPTION
This is like uszprintf(), but you pass the variable argument list directly, instead of the arguments themselves. Example: #include <stdarg.h> void log_message(const char *format, ...) { char buffer[100]; va_list parameters; va_start(parameters, format); uvszprintf(buffer, sizeof(buffer), format, parameters); va_end(parameters); append_buffer_to_logfile(log_name, buffer); send_buffer_to_other_networked_players(multicast_ip, buffer); and_also_print_it_on_the_screen(cool_font, buffer); } void some_other_function(void) { log_message("Hello %s, are you %d years old? ", "Dave", 25); } RETURN VALUE
Returns the number of characters that would have been written without eventual truncation (like with uvsprintf), not including the termi- nating null character. SEE ALSO
uconvert(3alleg4), uszprintf(3alleg4), uvsprintf(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 uvszprintf(3alleg4)