Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Check Solaris Zones Processor & Memory allocations Post 302712639 by jlliagre on Tuesday 9th of October 2012 11:57:28 AM
Old 10-09-2012
CPU and memory is shared between all zones. They can be capped and to know it, the simplest way is to look at each zone configuration:

Code:
zonecfg -z zonename info

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find processor speed & memory in HP Unix 10.2

I have a D series HP server with HP UNIX 10.20 as the OS. How will I obtain the processor speed and memory of the machine. I have 'root' privileges. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: augustinep
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comman/Tool to check memory leak in solaris box

Hello Guys, Please let me know about commands or tools that are available to check memory leak in solaris box. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshlbryan
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Processor and memory supports

HI i'am Giancarlo D. Jabon student from AMA Computer University is anyone among all of you who knows the maximum processor and memory supports in Sun Solaris 10 Thanks !!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giancarlodjabon
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Memory Check in SUN Solaris

Hi I am facing a problem with memory in SunOS 5.9. I just want to check the memory usage. Can anybody suggest me a command that will help me in this regard. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajarsi.ghosh
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How to : check username & password is same or not in solaris 10 ?

Thanks AVKlinux (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Memory management in zones

whats the difference between setting zone capped-memory from zoncfg and setting rctl: name: zone.max-locked-memory .. if changed the zone.max-locked-memory with prctl it does not change in rcapstat .. but if change with rcapadm it reflects in rcapstat o/p (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Solaris & Linux memory stress test?

I'm looking for a script or some other application that will use up a lot of memory on a Solaris or Linux server, in order to test a monitoring application. So far I have found a script that's good for CPU usage but it does nothing for memory. I have also tried the application called 'stress'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kraas
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris installed Physical Processor ..how to check?

I would like to know how to identify the installed "Physical Processor" .here is the output #psrinfo -pv of from 2 systems : - System 1 The physical processor has 8 virtual processors (0-7) SPARC-T4 (chipid 0, clock 2848 MHz) -System 2 The physical processor has 8 virtual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11.2 x86 Local Zones for Oracle RAC database, intermittent Memory corruption of db

Hi, I was wondering if any Solaris fellow out there has dealt with running Solaris 11 x86 on Local Zones for Oracle RAC (which may or may not be relevant to issue), running on HP gen h/w. Every so often could be weeks between issues or some times days, there will be a memory corruption and db... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crossmypath
2 Replies
zonename(1)                                                        User Commands                                                       zonename(1)

NAME
zonename - print name of current zone SYNOPSIS
zonename DESCRIPTION
The zonename utility prints the name of the current zone. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWzoneu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zlogin(1), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), attributes(5), zones(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Jan 2004 zonename(1)