Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk: too many output files created from while loop Post 302712171 by agama on Monday 8th of October 2012 10:16:56 PM
Old 10-08-2012
You can also simplify the if statement in the next section:

Code:
if($4 != "d" && $7 != "none")

can become

Code:
if( $7 != "none" )

because you already processed a 'd' record above and skipped the rest of the processing. It's minor, but makes it more efficient and that could help if your input is huge.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

total output from a file created in a while loop

I have a while loop which looks for files and then sets a variable to give me the record count of each file: current_members=`wc -l ${DATA_DIR}/$MEMBERS_FILENAME | nawk '{ printf "%d\n", $0}'` I am out putting the totals into a file: echo $current_members >> ../data/out_total_members.dat ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables created sequentially in a loop while still inside of the loop [bash]

I'm trying to understand if it's possible to create a set of variables that are numbered based on another variable (using eval) in a loop, and then call on it before the loop ends. As an example I've written a script called question (The fist command is to show what is the contents of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with a file path as awk output in for loop

When I run the following command in the shell it works fine. It prints a city name and then a path for a file. ~$ for i in `awk -F':' '{print $0}' /home/knoppix/Desktop/data/subs | grep -m 1 $ city | sed "s/:/ /"` >do >echo $i >done Now, when I place it in this shell script (sh) it prints... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: afroCluster
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop returns more output with awk

I need to get total number of hdisk not assigned to any VGs. PDC # lspv |grep None |awk '{print $1}' |wc 131 131 1099 So, it shows 131 hdisks. I need to look at the individual hdisk fget_config info like below: PDC # fget_config -Av |grep hdisk230 hdisk230 dac1 229... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected output within a for loop using awk

Hi all, after hours of playing around with this and scouring the web I decided to ask my fellow UNIX operators as I can't wrap my head around this. First off, I want to parse an input file with tabs (I could pull this off easily with different delimiters) but I was trying to make nicer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output error while loop through array

Have built this script, the output is what I needed, but NR 6 is omitted. Why? Is it an error? I am using Gawk. '{nr=$2;f = $1} END{for (i=1;i<=f;i++) if (nr != i) print i, nr }' input1.csv >output1.csvinput1.csv 1 9 3 5 4 1 7 6 8 5 10 6 output1.csv > with the missing line number 6. 6 is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print each output of loop in new column using awk or shell

I have this output from a loop a11 1,2 3,4 5,6 7,8 12,8 5,4 3,6 a12 10,11 12,13 15,18 20,22 a13 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maryre89
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give full access to output files created by .sh script run via crontab?

Hi Expert, I have a .sh script in my home/new_dir/script.sh This script creates number of output files at home/new_dir/email, home/new_dir/logs dir. I am running this script using crontab (owner root). Now this output files are getting created with rw-r----- 1 root root So if i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeet1982
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print awk output in same line ,For loop

My code is something like below. #/bin/bash for i in `ps -ef | grep pmon | grep -v bash | grep -v grep | grep -v perl | grep -v asm | grep -v MGMT|awk '{print $1" "$8}'` do echo $i ORACLE_SID=`echo $line | awk '{print $2}'` USERNAME=`echo $line | awk '{print $1}'` done ============= But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output Multiple Files in the For Loop

while IFS= read -r line do # sV for version detection nmap -T4 -Pn -v -sS "$line" > "text/$line" done < <(grep '' $file) Hi, where line represents the IP. I am using NMAP to do scanning. How can I set to execute that command in the loop several concurrently at a time instead of one... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
5 Replies
utility_handlers(3)						     net-snmp						       utility_handlers(3)

NAME
utility_handlers - Simplify request processing A group of handlers intended to simplify certain aspects of processing a request for a MIB object. Modules bulk_to_next Convert GETBULK requests into GETNEXT requests for the handler. cache_handler Maintains a cache of data for use by lower level handlers. debug Print out debugging information about the handler chain being called. mode_end_call At the end of a series of requests, call another handler hook. multiplexer Splits mode requests into calls to different handlers. read_only Make your handler read_only automatically The only purpose of this handler is to return an appropriate error for any requests passed to it in a SET mode. row_merge Calls sub handlers with request for one row at a time. serialize Calls sub handlers one request at a time. stash_to_next Convert GET_STASH requests into GETNEXT requests for the handler. Detailed Description Simplify request processing A group of handlers intended to simplify certain aspects of processing a request for a MIB object. These helpers do not implement any MIB objects themselves. Rather they handle specific generic situations, either returning an error, or passing a (possibly simpler) request down to lower level handlers. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for net-snmp from the source code. Version 5.5 23 Sep 2009 utility_handlers(3)