Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Find and print in multiple columns Post 302712035 by Ygor on Monday 8th of October 2012 11:06:06 AM
Old 10-08-2012
Try...
Code:
awk '$3=="sil"{if(p)print p,$1,w;w="";getline;p=$1}{w=w $3}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to find one command from multiple files and need to print that file which contains neede com

Hi all i need your help .. I am having a multiple file in directory and i have find out the Rcopy word from these files and need to print those files which contains the Rcopy word Thanks and regards Vijay sahu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijays3
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to print multiple columns

Hello Team, I have written following command which is giving output is as shown below. bash-3.00$ grep -i startup catalina.out | tail +2 | sed -n 1p | awk -F" " '{ for (x=1; x<=5; x++) { printf"%s\n", $x } }' Dec 19, 2010 3:28:39 PM bash-3.00$ I would like to modify above command to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find a column from one file and print certain columns in second file

Hi, I need helping in finding some of the text in one file and some columns which have same column in file 1 EG cat file_1 aaaa bbbb cccc dddd eeee fffff gggg hhhh cat file_2 aaaa,abcd,effgh,ereref,name,age,sex,........... bbbb,efdfh,erere,afdafds,name,age,sex.............. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpkumar10
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk find in columns with "if then" statement and print results

I have a file1.txt file1.txt F-120009210","Felix","U-M-F-F-F-","white","yes","no","U-M-F-F-F-","Bristol","RI","true" F-120009213","Fluffy","U-F-","white","yes","no","M-F-","Warwick","RI","true" U-120009217","Lity","U-M-","grey","yes","yes","","Fall River","MA","true"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charles33
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of multiple files and print those unique string from File1 in an output file.

Hi, I have multiple files that each contain one column of strings: File1: 123abc 456def 789ghi File2: 123abc 456def 891jkl File3: 234mno 123abc 456def In total I have 25 of these type of file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: is it possible to print into multiple columns?

Hi guys, I have hundreds file like this, here I only show two of them: file 1 feco4_s_BB95.log ZE_1=-1717.5206260 feco4_t_BB95.log ZE_1=-1717.5169250 feco5_s_BB95.log ZE_1=-1830.9322060... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find columns in a file based on header and print to new file

Hello, I have to fish out some specific columns from a file based on the header value. I have the list of columns I need in a different file. I thought I could read in the list of headers I need, # file with header names of required columns in required order headers_file=$2 # read contents... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Count multiple columns and print original file

Hello, I have two tab files with headers File1: with 4 columns header1 header2 header3 header4 44 a bb 1 57 c ab 4 64 d d 5 File2: with 26 columns header1.. header5 header6 header7 ... header 22...header26 id1 44 a bb id2 57 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print multiple columns in scientific notation

Hi everybody, I have file 1 with 15 columns, I want to change the formatting of the numbers of columns 10,11 and 12 in the scientific notation. I used the Following script: awk '{print $10}' file1.dat | awk '{printf "%.2e\n", $1}' > file2.dat awk '{print $11}' file1.dat | awk '{printf... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: supernono06
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print multiple required columns dynamically in a file using the header name?

Hi All, i am trying to print required multiple columns dynamically from a fie. But i am able to print only one column at a time. i am new to shell script, please help me on this issue. i am using below script awk -v COLT=$1 ' NR==1 { for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
2 Replies
GRI_MERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      GRI_MERGE(1)

NAME
gri_merge - merge multiple Gri output files into a single PostScript file. USAGE (style 1): gri_merge [OPTIONS] CxR a.ps b.ps ... > merged_file.ps Merges the files onto one page, in 'C' columns and 'R' rows. The CxR files are given in the order of words on a page. The page is pre- sumed to be 8.5x11in in size, as are all the input files, and the input files are sized to fit, and kept in natural scale. USAGE (style 2): gri_merge [OPTIONS] xcm ycm enlarge a.ps [b.ps ...] > merged_file.ps Where `enlarge' is a scale factor applied after offsetting `xcm' to the right and `ycm' upward. EXAMPLE (style 2): The following gri_merge 2 12 .5 a.ps 12 12 .5 b.ps 2 2 .5 c.ps 12 2 .5 d.ps > all.ps produces 4 panels from gri plots done using margins and sizes as specified in the following lines in a gri commandfile set x margin 2 set x size 15 set y margin 2 set y size 15 The OPTIONS, available if your 'perl' has 'getopts' library, are: -u graylevel -- set graylevel for underlay beneath panels, by default 0.75. Values range from 0 (black) to 1 (white), although a value of precisely 1 means do NOT draw underlay. -b graylevel -- Set value for background under individual panels, again 0 for black to 1 for white, with 1 meaning no drawing. -h -- Print this help message and quit. SEE ALSO
gri(1), gri_unpage(1) gri_merge 2009 GRI_MERGE(1)