Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix file pattern check and replacement Post 302711961 by Perlbaby on Monday 8th of October 2012 09:13:19 AM
Old 10-08-2012
Unix file pattern check and replacement

HI Guys ,
Using UNIX ,I intend to check with correct file pattern Access_file_Record.YYYYMM in path /tmp

If the file exist in correct format come out from code .

If not found check with different file patterns for same month period YYYYMM ( Like Access_file_Record_YYYYMM.txt or Access_file_Record_.YYYYMM)

Any different pattern file should be renamed to expected file Access_file_Record.YYYYMM
Every month YYYYMM pattern shoud be identified as 201201 for jan , 201202 for feb etc when script is ran for that month

Please can anyone help me on this.
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check for pattern in other file

i hav file1 with contents: welcome this is first file file name is file 1 last line of the file now i want to check if the second line has sentence "this is first file" through "if" statement from another file ... is it possible if so how!!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suri
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pattern Replacement

There is a requirement that i need to replaced a pattern by another pattern in all the files in my entire file system. there are 1000s of file in the system. let the pattern is "calcuta". i have to replace this pattern by "kolkata" in all those files which contain "calcuta". I am only able to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: palash2k
12 Replies

3. Linux

matching pattern and replacement

Hi I am trying to look for a view name in create view statement and then replace this view name with VW_ in grants line in my ddl file . cat dim_provider.sql | grep -i "create view" | while read f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 f7 f8 f9 do new_vw=` echo "$f3" | cut -d "." -f2... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
32 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk pattern replacement

Hi I'm a newbie in unix and I'm having trouble in creating a script. I want to search for a pattern '_good' and insert new lines that contains '_bad', '_med', '_fail' while also ensure that the line contains _good is removed here some of the data UPDATE SCHOOL SET GRADE =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if file exists with pattern matching

Hello friends, I am writing a simple shell script which will copy one particular type of files to backup folder if files exists. If files doesn't exists, mv command should not be executed. My file pattern is like wcm-spider-maestro.log.2009-07-15, wcm-spider-maestro.log.2009-07-16 etc.. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenu.shell
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String replacement when particular pattern matches in a file

I have a file file123.xml which looks like this xmlEntry="username"="josh" <property="never_back_down"> phone="<178652>" apn=property:address="wonderland" xmlEntry="username"="jessica" <property="never_back_down"> phone="<178653>" apn=property:address="wonderland"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the file if the search pattern is there or not.

I want to check the files if the below pattern is there or not. I have to scan thousands of files. It should start search with "Group" (Case insensitive) and followed by first semicolon ";" . In between these two there should be "partition"(case insensitive). File1.txt a) update... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smolakal
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for Pattern if exists write to file

Hi ! All I just want to search and write to new file if pattern is found in text file following are my text files by which I want to search Month and last column number my text file1 15-Jan-2011 25 ARTS 1255 125 125 178 198 15-Jan-2011 25 ARTS 1255 125 125 178 198 15-Jan-2011 25... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matching and replacement

Hello Everybody, I need a help in the below pattern matching and replacement issue I have a file : emp.txt 21356 suresh 12/12/2012 23511 ramesh 11/06/2011 31456 biswajit 09/08/2013 53134 archan 06/02/2009 first field:- employee id, 2nd field is name and third field is date of joining ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripting
10 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)