Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PERL, Date & Time issues
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL, Date & Time issues Post 302711917 by sathyaonnuix on Monday 8th of October 2012 08:14:22 AM
Old 10-08-2012
Many thanks, the above satisfies my script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time & Date Command

Hey all, When you run the 'ls -la' command it'll show you the time and dates of all files/directories. Now what I am trying to do is create a script that will tell me what files haven't been used in over the past 1 month and what the time and date is that the files that haven't been accessed in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file creation date & time

Hi All, I have some files which are creates every day using a script. I want to create a log files which does write "filename,creation day and time" how can I do this ?? Alice (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Date & Time

:confused: I'm not really sure about the default backup date & time in our Unix system and I would like to change it to a convienient time...how do I do that? Please help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EbeyeJJ
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date time issues on RHEL

Hi, I am facing a weird problem with the 'Date'. If I check date multiple times in a short interval I see a different time altogether. Here is an example $ date Tue Jul 15 02:07:22 PDT 2008 $ date Tue Jul 15 02:07:23 PDT 2008 $ date Tue Jul 15 03:20:42 PDT 2008 $ date Tue Jul 15... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitb74
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to get remote server date & time

Hi, i dont have remote m/c user credential. i only know remote m/c ip address. and i am able to ping that remote m/c. In windows we use: "net time \\computername" to get the remote m/c time. so how can i get remote m/c time in unix m/c? (means a unix command) Thanks for the help. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: partha_ori
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

About date & time difference

Hello All, I was having a look on threads on the Forum about time calculation but didn't find exactly this issue. For instance, if we have these 2 dates, begin & end : 20100430235830 20100501000200 Is there anyway, awk, ksh, perl to calculate the difference in sec and get for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rany1
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting date & time from file name

Hi, I am having a file name as exp_bkp_tables_18_Oct_2010_10_50_28.dmp which is used for import the records. Now, I want to print the output using the selected file name as below : Table records will get restored as on date 18-Oct-2010 and time 10:50:28 How it can be done ? With... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk & date time format

This gives: grep "qprt -o -dp -N 1 -P" printfile.log.1216 |awk '{print $7, $9}' |grep lpc1z The output like below: lpc1z /cerner/d_prod/print/ccltemp4235396d030a.dat.tmp.1216075330] lpc1z /cerner/d_prod/print/ccltemp4235396d036a.dat.tmp.1216075634] lpc1z... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
2 Replies

10. Programming

DATE & TIme

Can we select the datetime from oracle database in “hhmmssnnnccyymmdd” format ? please help to solve this..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanal
2 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-akq] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. The following options are available: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-D (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
January 22, 2004 BSD