Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: T5220 fails to boot
Operating Systems Solaris T5220 fails to boot Post 302711681 by belalr on Sunday 7th of October 2012 04:58:59 PM
Old 10-07-2012
T5220 fails to boot

One of our T5220 servers fail to boot due to following error:

ERROR: The following devices are disabled:
XAUI1
XAUI0

I can't see any disabled components in SP console, any idea what is the problem?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot fails after power faliure

Hi, i was installing solaris 8 on sunfire v250 and the power fails :mad: , now it does not boot from cd rom and get the next msg: ð Sun Fire V120 (UltraSPARC-IIe 648MHz), No Keyboard OpenBoot 4.0, 512 MB memory installed, Serial #56338483. Ethernet address 0:3:ba:5b:a8:33, Host ID: 835ba833. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agustincm
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Auto-Port Aggregation startup fails on boot

I have a machine running HP-UX 11.23 (PARISC) and APA startup fails on boot. This is found in /etc/rc.log: Configure Auto-Port Aggregation(LAN Monitor) interfaces Output from "/sbin/rc2.d/S343hplm start": ---------------------------- get_start_dlpi_version: failed, errno is 22 ERROR: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kknigga
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PXE diskless boot fails

Hi, I am trying to setup a server for a diskless boot of a computer class (with ubuntu) I followed the guidelines in https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DisklessUbuntuHowto I have two computers: one is the server I installed and the other is my macbook on which I run a virtual machine... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yotamhc
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Trying to boot Solaris without hard drives in T5220

I have three Sun Oracle Netra T5220s. I am trying to just get the processor information psrinfo or prtdiag -v from the # prompt in single user mode. I am needing to know the commands to get to boot the CD/DVD of the Solaris OS. I am using it via Serial Port Management. Tinkering around I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerdboy
4 Replies

5. Solaris

T2000 Sparc server fails boot

I have a T2000 enterprise SPARC server that's no longer on contract with Oracle. It's on old firmware (6.3.x). After a power-down this weekend, it won't boot normally. Boot snapshot at the bottom of the post. It can boot to cdrom, and it'll boot to failsafe mode, but it won't do a regular... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: val riverwalk
9 Replies

6. Solaris

M5000 fails to boot

I have an m5000 that Is down. I have access to XSCF> and was able to get to the ok prompt. However, on >ok boot it failed to boot. erred with : svc.startd: svc:/system/device/fc-fabric:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/fc-fabric" failed due to signal KILL. Nov 29... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Lucreate Fails to Create Boot Environment;

My OS solarius 5.10 Generic_147148-2 i86 Error: please review new boots environments using options 1. Solution - show me the commands Partition is full, try to remove some unneeded files, then try to compress some other unneeded files. man command creates a temp file under... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Boot Error - NIS services fails with Status 96

My system suddenly crash and when it rebooted there was an error: /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s3 is logging svc.startd: svc:/network/nis/client:default: Method "/method/yp" failed with status 96. The system completes booting however when I log in a user account / directory is not longer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NeedSolarisHelp
1 Replies

9. Solaris

T5220 not able to boot from USB

Hi, I want to install Solaris-11 on T5220. I created USB from sol-11_4-text-sparc.usb by usbcopy on another Solaris-11 servers, which looks like a good one. I tried did "reset-all" and still same issue. Can I get some help on this. {0} ok reset-all Sun Netra T5220, No Keyboard Copyright... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies

10. Solaris

I can't boot my Sun T5220 server from cdrom.

hi:) i can't boot my sun server by iso solaris 10 sparc dvd that i did download from oracle site. my hardware is sun T5220. i receive these after running boot cdrom -s : can't read disk lable can't open disk lable package ERROR: boot-read fail whould u help me? Please use CODE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arefdel
1 Replies
sysmsg(7D)							      Devices								sysmsg(7D)

NAME
sysmsg - system message routing to console devices SYNOPSIS
/dev/sysmsg DESCRIPTION
The file /dev/sysmsg routes output to a variable set of console devices. Writes to /dev/sysmsg are always directed to the system console /dev/console, and are in addition directed to a set of auxiliary console devices managed by consadm(1M). Only root has permission to write to this device. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
consadm(1M), syslogd(1M) , attributes(5), console(7D) SunOS 5.10 13 Oct 1998 sysmsg(7D)