Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PING to get ip address
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PING to get ip address Post 302711533 by Corona688 on Saturday 6th of October 2012 08:11:18 PM
Old 10-06-2012
What's your system?

On Linux, you can use -w to set the deadline to something smaller.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ping file with ip address

Hi, If have a file with 93 ip address that i want to ping in first place (later i want to use this file for snmp output of those ip addresses). First i want to do is to ping all those ip addresses. I know i can put for every ip address "ping" with the vi. But i want the keep this file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rensen
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic kernal-mode address fault on user address 0x14

:) Firstly Hi all!!, im NEW!! and on here hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help... i have a server that keeps crashing every few days with the error message: PANIC KERNAL-MODE ADDRESS FAULT ON USER ADDRESS 0X14 KERNAL PAGE FAULT FROM (CS:EIP)=(100:EF71B5BD) EAX=EF822000... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twix
10 Replies

3. IP Networking

Tracing a MAC address to IP address: Solaris

Hi there I lost connectivity to one of our remote systems and when I checked the messages log I found the following: Aug 10 23:42:34 host xntpd: time reset (step) 1.681729 s Aug 16 13:20:51 host ip: WARNING: node "mac address" is using our IP address x.x.x.x on aggr1 Aug 16 13:20:51 host... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
9 Replies

4. Solaris

ping with source address

Hello, is there any way to ping with source address on Solaris ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marmellata
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

Ping domain indicates the external ip address and not the local ip

when i execute from local machine ping domainname i get the external ip address but i am on local dns and i expect the local ip address.. using nslookup : no problem so i cannot find why... thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: activedms
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C program to detect duplicate ip address if any after assigning ip address to ethernet interface

Hi , Could someone let me know how to detect duplicate ip address after assigning ip address to ethernet interface using c program (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
3 Replies

9. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ping certain range of ip address

hey guys, In my program i am giving an initial ip & end ip. i just want to check every ip in that range is pingable or not echo "Enter the initial ip:" read inip echo "Enter the end ip:" read endip for (( i=0; i<=$endip; i++ )) do if ping -c 4 $inip then echo "pingable" else echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
5 Replies
asadmin-list-domains(1AS)					   User Commands					 asadmin-list-domains(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-domains, list-domains - lists the domains in the given domains directory SYNOPSIS
list-domains [--domaindir install_dir/domains] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] list-domains lists the domains in the given domains directory. This command is supported in local mode only. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domains are located. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not specified, the domains in the default install_dir/domains directory are listed. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Example 1: Using list-domains asadmin> list-domains List of domains: domain1 running samples not running Where: the domain1 and samples are listed and their status printed. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-delete-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-domains(1AS)