Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: QOS using tc
Special Forums IP Networking QOS using tc Post 302711271 by DGPickett on Friday 5th of October 2012 04:38:44 PM
Old 10-05-2012
You cannot pick the interface of a packet after it arrives on the server, (time travel and cyber telepathy?) but you can when it leaves, where the source port is 80 and the dport is a client random high port.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

802 QOS/ Bandwidth Control

My question is such: I want to control the bandwidth of my users and cap there speed on the network. I was told by a Cisco rep that it is better to police or control the bandwidth at the switch and not via the router. It that the correct place to control bandwidth at the switch or would it be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

QOS script

Does anyone know how can I determine which user is UPLOADING via http protocol? Like sending video on youtube? Or maybe how to throttle multimedia uploads ? Or any uploads? maybe get packet size? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkman_hr
9 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

QOS packet scheduler and group policy

hi, did anyone know how to configure a priority of dns ports (and other ports) on QOS on windows 2003? hard to understand the group policy "explain" tab on 'qos packet scheduler', no elaboration on how to use it. thanks for any comment you may add. ---------- Post updated at 05:03 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Internet QOS woes

I'm looking for recommendations for a general problem. Apparently (that is according to my boss and coworkers) I am responsible for guaranteeing quality of service to our remote MySQL server during the course of the day. They may run a complete database restore for any number of reasons and are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
1 Replies
RASORT(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RASORT(1)

NAME
rasort - sort argus(8) data file. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2000-2003 QoSient. All rights reserved. SYNOPSIS
rasort [[-M sortmode] [sortmode] ...] [raoptions] DESCRIPTION
Rasort reads argus data from an argus-data source, sorts the records based on the criteria specified on the command line, and outputs a valid argus-stream. OPTIONS
Rasort, like all ra based clients, supports a number of ra options including filtering of input argus records through a terminating filter expression. See ra(1) for a complete description of ra options. rasort(1) specific options are: -M sortmode Supported sortmodes are: time record start time <default> startime record start time <default> lasttime record last time. trans aggregation record count. dur record total duration. avgdur record average duration. saddr source IP addr. daddr destination IP addr. proto transaction protocol. sport source port number. dport destination port number. stos source TOS byte value. dtos destination TOS byte value. sttl src -> dst TTL value. dttl dst -> src TTL value. bytes total transaction bytes. sbytes src -> dst transaction bytes. dbytes dst -> src transaction bytes. pkts total transaction packet count. spkts src -> dst packet count. dpkts dst -> src packet count. load bits per second. loss pkts retransmitted or dropped. rate pkts per second. tranref argus transaction reference number. seq argus sequence number. srcid argus source identifier. INVOCATION
A sample invocation of rasort(1). This call reads argus(8) data from inputfile and sorts the IP protocol based argus(8) data, first by the destination IP address, then by the service (destination) port number and then by the source IP address, and writes the results to stdout. For most services, this arranges argus(8) formatted data by server, service, and then by client. rasort -r inputfile -M daddr dport saddr - ip SEE ALSO
ra(1), rarc(5), argus(8), tcpdump(1) FILES
AUTHORS
Carter Bullard (carter@qosient.com). BUGS
07 November 2000 RASORT(1)