Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: QOS using tc
Special Forums IP Networking QOS using tc Post 302711271 by DGPickett on Friday 5th of October 2012 04:38:44 PM
Old 10-05-2012
You cannot pick the interface of a packet after it arrives on the server, (time travel and cyber telepathy?) but you can when it leaves, where the source port is 80 and the dport is a client random high port.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

802 QOS/ Bandwidth Control

My question is such: I want to control the bandwidth of my users and cap there speed on the network. I was told by a Cisco rep that it is better to police or control the bandwidth at the switch and not via the router. It that the correct place to control bandwidth at the switch or would it be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

QOS script

Does anyone know how can I determine which user is UPLOADING via http protocol? Like sending video on youtube? Or maybe how to throttle multimedia uploads ? Or any uploads? maybe get packet size? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkman_hr
9 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

QOS packet scheduler and group policy

hi, did anyone know how to configure a priority of dns ports (and other ports) on QOS on windows 2003? hard to understand the group policy "explain" tab on 'qos packet scheduler', no elaboration on how to use it. thanks for any comment you may add. ---------- Post updated at 05:03 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Internet QOS woes

I'm looking for recommendations for a general problem. Apparently (that is according to my boss and coworkers) I am responsible for guaranteeing quality of service to our remote MySQL server during the course of the day. They may run a complete database restore for any number of reasons and are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
1 Replies
XvGrabPort(3)							  libXv Functions						     XvGrabPort(3)

NAME
XvGrabPort - lock port for exclusive use by client SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/Xvlib.h> int XvGrabPort(Display *dpy, XvPortID port, Time time); ARGUMENTS
dpy Specifies the connection to the X server. port Defines the port to be grabbed. time Specifies the request timestamp. DESCRIPTION
XvGrabPort(3) grabs a port. Once a client grabs a port, only that client can make video requests to that port. If the time is before the current port time, the XvGrabPort request is ignored and XvInvalidTime is returned. If the port is already grabbed by another client, XvAlreadyGrabbed is returned. Otherwise it returns a status of Success. The port time is updated when the fol- lowing requests are processed: XvGrabPort(3), XvUngrabPort(3), XvPutVideo(3), XvPutStill(3), XvGetVideo(3), XvGetStill(3). If the port is actively processing video for another client, the video is preempted, and an XvVideoNotify event with detail XvPreempted is generated for its drawable. RETURN VALUES
[Success] Returned if XvGrabPort(3) completed successfully. [XvInvalidTime] Returned if requested time is older than the current port time. [XvAlreadyGrabbed] Returned if the port is already grabbed by another client. [XvBadExtension] Returned if the Xv extension is unavailable. [XvBadAlloc] Returned if XvGrabPort(3) failed to allocate memory to process the request. DIAGNOSTICS
[XvBadPort] Generated if the requested port does not exist. SEE ALSO
XvUngrabPort(3), XvVideoNotify(3) X Version 11 libXv 1.0.7 XvGrabPort(3)