Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Graph in java
Top Forums Programming Graph in java Post 302711235 by DGPickett on Friday 5th of October 2012 02:38:40 PM
Old 10-05-2012
A class for nodes ( coordinates, a (stock) collection of line references ) and a class for lines ( 2 end node references and maybe cached length ), where lines by definition run between not through nodes, even if another line goes out the other side in line with the first, and the class for the graph is a (stock) collection of nodes. Normal graphs have nodes ordered by coordinate x, y, z order. Normal lines will have the first node lower in order. Normal nodes have the lines in remote end order. Normalization can halve the computational load of many searches, and suggests an ordered collection like an array or tree, not a hash. However, if the majority of searches are equal, and there are many elements, hash mapping may be faster and collections should be considered orderless. If the set in your graphs is very dynamic and collections large, a linear hash or tree is good - no sliding arrays up and down. (Do intersecting lines make a node, or do they magically miss if no node is established, like ship lanes in the ocean?)

I suppose the lines could be in the node only, but they would be there twice -- if far node coord > this node coord then continue?

Might want a trivial class for coord that knows how to compare them.

Last edited by DGPickett; 10-05-2012 at 04:42 PM..

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Graph generation

How can I generate graphs using perl in unix solaris environment? Please suggest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
2 Replies

2. AIX

Performance graph

Guru's I need to develop a graph which shows the CPU, memory and swap space utilization in a single graph against time I know of NMON but I am not able to make a single graph out of it. Does anyone know of any script or tool for data sampling and developing graph? Thanks in advance ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FS Growth Graph

It's been a while since i've been here.. and hopefully you can help me. I have created a script to get the filesystem utilization. Now i want to create a growth graph, which would show how much kb we increase per day. Here's the data 03-02-2010 00:00:00: /dev/md/dsk/d30 46473377 7355320... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
5 Replies
trigger(8)						      System Manager's Manual							trigger(8)

Name
       trigger - trigger a target node to request a down-line load

Syntax
       /etc/trigger node [ options ]

Description
       The command triggers the bootstrap mechanism of a target node, causing the target to request a down-line load.  Once a target node is trig-
       gered, it loads itself in whatever manner its primary loader is programmed to operate.  The target node could request a down-line load from
       the host that just triggered it or from another adjacent node, or the target node could load itself from its own mass storage device.

The  node argument is the name or address of the target node.  A node name consists of from one to six alphanumeric characters.	For single
       networks, a node address consists of a decimal integer (1-1023).  For multiple networks, a node address consist	of  two  decimal  integers
       (n.n), where the first indicates the network number (1-63), and the second indicates the node address (1-1023).

The  command requires the identification of the service circuit over which the load is performed, the Ethernet hardware address of the tar-
       get node, and the service password needed to gain access to the target.	This information is included in the nodes database entry  for  the
       target node.  A node entry is defined with the command.	For further information, see Alternatively, you can choose not to include a target
       node's service password in the nodes database for security reasons.  You must therefore specify this value in the command line by using the
       -p option.

Options
       -p     Uses the specified service and password (next arguments) in accessing the target node.

Examples
       This command triggers node Bangor to issue a down-line load request:
       # /etc/trigger bangor <RET>

See Also
       mop_mom(8), addnode(8), load(8), remnode(8), getnode(8), ccr(8)
       Guide to Local Area Transport Servers

trigger(8)