Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Syntax Issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Syntax Issue Post 302711017 by Junaid Subhani on Friday 5th of October 2012 09:51:16 AM
Old 10-05-2012
I have already defined them . The issue that I am facing right now is how to call the variable within another variable .

$previous_tmp$i

$i is one variables that is being called within $previous_tmp$i.
when the value of i =0,
it should be
$previous_tmp1
which then calls the value stored in $previous_tmp1 that is 23 that i got using

previous_tmp1=`cat tmp1.txt`....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Calculate scores and probability -- Syntax issue

Hi, I am totally new to C programming on Sun Solaris environment. I am an active member on the UNIX forum and a good shell programmer. I am trying to achieve some calculations in C programming. I have the pseudo code written down but don't know the syntax. I am reading a couple of books on C... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax issue in ksh file

Hi all, I am struck with syntax for long time, Need to purge some lines from given file Not able to use value of $x Example of ksh script... Facing some syntax issue. Have Tried ‘with single , double ,backtick “” ` and \ escape character , doesn't seem to work. <line 1> echo $x #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manav666
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding syntax error Issue

Hi i as you may already know i am creating a menu driven program. I have chosen to take the approach of implementing each interface individually, after adding another interface and attempting to run the program i am faced with the following error: ./Assigntest: line 32: syntax error near... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: warlock129
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a possiable syntax issue in my script

Hello I have tried to my best ability to work around this script tht will reference my m-names.txt which contains the format of: 168.16.0.0/16 169.56.0.0/16 132.2.0.0/16 122.5.0.0/16 Then I call a cli named getzoneprof that will set the $subnet from each of the lines in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

expr/bc syntax issue

Hi, I am facing issues in my shell script while trying to add two variables. Look at the snippet below for details: # Initially variable SAMPLE1 and SAMPLE2 are set from different sources. Have trucated decimal to avoid numeric errors in expr SAMPLE1=`/usr/bin/top -n 1 | head -3 | tail -1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesh303
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error, not understanding the issue?

Close please. Refer to following thread: Sub Menu issues (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Banned
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax issue mysql in bash script

I'm running mysql in a bash script mysql <<EOF query EOF one query is like this: UPDATE $dbname.$prefix"config" SET value = $var WHERE "$prefix"config.name = 'table colname'; with variable but it's giving an error i'm not sure what to put for "$prefix"config.name the table... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Syntax issue in curl for getting a file from http site

Hi All I am using curl in my client environment. We need to pull a file from the libraries site. All the files are having perticular URL which can be used to get the files. Only issue is, when we fire that command , it will take to authentication page 1st. once authentication is succed, it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabirkumardhar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCSH IF syntax issue

Hi All, I'm trying to write a simple if statement in TCSH and I honestly can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've played around with all sorts of permutations of syntax. if ($DESKTOP_SESSION == "kde") then replace "forceFontDPI=0" "forceFontDPI=96" --... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: VerticalMule
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dpkg Syntax Issue . . .

Greetings! I'm trying to get dpkg to just completely extract a multi-part *.deb archive set into a single folder called "output". Simple? Hmmmm.... dpkg --noforce --unpack *.deb /output/Console after ops: However, "--noforce" is taken directly from the helpfile Options listing as furnished... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
8 Replies
mlib_MatrixTranspose_U8(3MLIB)				    mediaLib Library Functions				    mlib_MatrixTranspose_U8(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_MatrixTranspose_U8, mlib_MatrixTranspose_U8C, mlib_MatrixTranspose_S8, mlib_MatrixTranspose_S8C, mlib_MatrixTranspose_S16, mlib_MatrixTranspose_S16C, mlib_MatrixTranspose_S32, mlib_MatrixTranspose_S32C - matrix transpose, in place SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_MatrixTranspose_U8(mlib_u8 *xz, mlib_s32 mn); mlib_status mlib_MatrixTranspose_U8C(mlib_u8 *xz, mlib_s32 mn); mlib_status mlib_MatrixTranspose_S8(mlib_s8 *xz, mlib_s32 mn); mlib_status mlib_MatrixTranspose_S8C(mlib_s8 *xz, mlib_s32 mn); mlib_status mlib_MatrixTranspose_S16(mlib_s16 *xz, mlib_s32 mn); mlib_status mlib_MatrixTranspose_S16C(mlib_s16 *xz, mlib_s32 mn); mlib_status mlib_MatrixTranspose_S32(mlib_s32 *xz, mlib_s32 mn); mlib_status mlib_MatrixTranspose_S32C(mlib_s32 *xz, mlib_s32 mn); DESCRIPTION
Each of these functions performs an in-place transpose of a square matrix. For real data, the following pseudo code applies: for (i = 1; i < mn; i++) { for (j = 0; j < i; i++) { tmp = xz[i*mn + j]; xz[i*mn + j] = xz[j*mn + i]; xz[j*mn + i] = tmp; } } For complex data, the following pseudo code applies: for (i = 1; i < mn; i++) { for (j = 0; j < i; i++) { tmp0 = xz[2*(i*mn + j)]; tmp1 = xz[2*(i*mn + j) + 1]; xz[2*(i*mn + j)] = xz[2*(j*mn + i)]; xz[2*(i*mn + j) + 1] = xz[2*(j*mn + i) + 1]; xz[2*(j*mn + i)] = tmp0; xz[2*(j*mn + i) + 1] = tmp1; } } PARAMETERS
Each of the functions takes the following arguments: xz Pointer to the source and destination matrix. mn Number of rows and columns in the matrix. RETURN VALUES
Each of the functions returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_MatrixTranspose_U8(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2004 mlib_MatrixTranspose_U8(3MLIB)