Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PERL, Date & Time issues
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL, Date & Time issues Post 302710957 by balajesuri on Friday 5th of October 2012 06:26:20 AM
Old 10-05-2012
Your code is vague and garbled. Could you please provide a sample output? (something like.. this is what I really want my output to look like). Looking at your desired output and corresponding code from post #1, it doesn't look like that's the output you really want.

If that's the output you want, here's the code for it:
Code:
#! /usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;

my $hr = (localtime)[2];
my $i = 0;

for ($i = 0; $i <= $hr; $i++) {
    printf "TimeFrame -> %02d:00 StartTime -> 2 StartHour -> %02d\n", $i, $i;
}

This User Gave Thanks to balajesuri For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time & Date Command

Hey all, When you run the 'ls -la' command it'll show you the time and dates of all files/directories. Now what I am trying to do is create a script that will tell me what files haven't been used in over the past 1 month and what the time and date is that the files that haven't been accessed in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file creation date & time

Hi All, I have some files which are creates every day using a script. I want to create a log files which does write "filename,creation day and time" how can I do this ?? Alice (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Date & Time

:confused: I'm not really sure about the default backup date & time in our Unix system and I would like to change it to a convienient time...how do I do that? Please help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EbeyeJJ
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date time issues on RHEL

Hi, I am facing a weird problem with the 'Date'. If I check date multiple times in a short interval I see a different time altogether. Here is an example $ date Tue Jul 15 02:07:22 PDT 2008 $ date Tue Jul 15 02:07:23 PDT 2008 $ date Tue Jul 15 03:20:42 PDT 2008 $ date Tue Jul 15... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitb74
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to get remote server date & time

Hi, i dont have remote m/c user credential. i only know remote m/c ip address. and i am able to ping that remote m/c. In windows we use: "net time \\computername" to get the remote m/c time. so how can i get remote m/c time in unix m/c? (means a unix command) Thanks for the help. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: partha_ori
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

About date & time difference

Hello All, I was having a look on threads on the Forum about time calculation but didn't find exactly this issue. For instance, if we have these 2 dates, begin & end : 20100430235830 20100501000200 Is there anyway, awk, ksh, perl to calculate the difference in sec and get for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rany1
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting date & time from file name

Hi, I am having a file name as exp_bkp_tables_18_Oct_2010_10_50_28.dmp which is used for import the records. Now, I want to print the output using the selected file name as below : Table records will get restored as on date 18-Oct-2010 and time 10:50:28 How it can be done ? With... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk & date time format

This gives: grep "qprt -o -dp -N 1 -P" printfile.log.1216 |awk '{print $7, $9}' |grep lpc1z The output like below: lpc1z /cerner/d_prod/print/ccltemp4235396d030a.dat.tmp.1216075330] lpc1z /cerner/d_prod/print/ccltemp4235396d036a.dat.tmp.1216075634] lpc1z... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
2 Replies

10. Programming

DATE & TIme

Can we select the datetime from oracle database in “hhmmssnnnccyymmdd” format ? please help to solve this..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanal
2 Replies
esdsample(1)							   User Commands						      esdsample(1)

NAME
esdsample - play a sample SYNOPSIS
esdsample [-s hostname:port] [-b] [-d] [-e] [-h] [-m] [-r freq] samplename DESCRIPTION
The esdsample utility plays a sample using the Enlighted Sound Daemon (esd). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s hostname:portContact the esd server on hostname at port. -b Specify that the output should be in 8-bit format. By default, the output is in 16-bit format. -d Play the sample from file as raw data. The default behavior is to read the data from a sound file (.wav, .au, and so on). If this option is chosen, samplename is the name of a file. -e Play the sample from the esd cache. If this option is chosen, samplename is the name of the sample in the cache. -h Display help text, and exit. -m Specify that the output should be in mono format. By default, the output is in stereo format. -r freq Specify that the output rate should be set to freq. By default, the output rate is set to 44.1 kHz. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: samplename The name of the sample to be played. If the -e option is used, samplename is the esd cache name. Otherwise, samplename is a filename. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Playing a sample from a file example% esdsample generic.wav Example 2: Playing a sample from the esd cache example% esdsample -e esdctl:generic.wav (where esdctl:generic.wav is the cache name) EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/esdsample Executable for Enlightened Sound Daemon sound sampler. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-audio | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
esdcat(1), esdmon(1), esdplay(1), esdrec(1), esdctl(1), esd-config(1), libesd(3) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 8 Jan 2003 esdsample(1)