Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting usage of Awk command for output Post 302710907 by pamu on Friday 5th of October 2012 05:24:07 AM
Old 10-05-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajangupta2387
Hi,

I used this awk command as below;
/usr/local/bin/gawk -F "[#]" '{if($0 ~/#/){s=$3;getline;print $2" "$3,s}else{print }}' OFS=" --> "

And the output i got is as this:

CH_PPV_AUDIT_DISTRIBUTOR
EL_CFG_FTP_DISTRIBUTOR 2.1.0.upc1 -->
CH_PPV_AUDIT_ENCODER
UPC_CFG_CH_PPV_AUDIT_ENCODER 1.0.2. -->

As seen the new version is not printing. I tried to modify and see but no luck. Please have a look.
there are two field separator and space is also one of the field separator... and you have used only # as field separator
try with awk -F "[# ]"

try this also..

Code:
awk -F "[# ]" 'NF == 1{print}
/NEW#/{s=$NF}
/OLD#/{print $2" "$3,s}' OFS=" --> " file

and as Elixir mentioned above please use code tags. see this

Last edited by pamu; 10-05-2012 at 06:34 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and grep command usage

hi Can anyone explain me how these two commands awk and grep works in a ksh shell Thanks Babu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksmbabu
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format Output with AWK command

Hi - I have a file with contents as below. 12.1 a.txt 12.1 b.txt 12.1 c.txt 13.2 a.txt 13.2 d.txt 14.3 f.txt 15.4 a.txt 15.4 b.txt 15.4 z.txt I need to print the contents like this. 12.1 a.txt <&nbsp><&nbsp><&nbsp>b.txt <&nbsp><&nbsp><&nbsp>c.txt (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
7 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

getting wrong output with AWK command!!!

i have a file which gets appended with 9 records daily and the file keeps growing from then...i use to store the previous day files count in a variable called oldfilecount and current files count as newfilecount.my requirement is that i need to start processing only the new records from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh_248
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage of AWK command under perl script

i have two files as shown below t1.txt: argument1 argu2 argu37 t2.txt: 22 33 44 i want o/p as argument1 22 argu2 33 argu37 44 i am trying to merge two file under perl script using following system("paste t1.txt t2.txt | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output in AWK command

hi Friends , I have a file as below s.txt 1~2~~4 2~6~~7 3~8~~9 t.txt 1~2~~4 2~5~8~7 3~8~~7 header for both files is common (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
2 Replies

8. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Usage of tail command in .awk

Hi, I want to do file format using awk script, for that i wan to use 'tail'. Here is the scenario. I will be having set of files in a directory. Those files i need to write to another directory with same file name, but while writing the file to out directory, i need to write the last line as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkata Madhu
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep output to awk command

Hi Team(Solaris 5.8/Ksh), How can we save grep output to awk variable when grep returns more than one line or word. abc.log # more abc.log Hi Makarand How r u bye Makarand Hello when grep returns only 1 word below command works nawk -v var=`cat abc.log |grep "Hello"` 'BEGIN { if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
6 Replies

10. Solaris

No output from awk command

Hi all, In my SunOS 5.10, the command awk using BEGIN option doesn't print output variables like expected here is my test: with the following code everything is alright ps -eo pcpu,args | grep "httpd" | awk ' { print $1 } ' the result is 0.1 However, with this command ps -eo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elmassimo
3 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)