Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting crontab not creating text file Post 302710819 by elango963 on Friday 5th of October 2012 02:38:22 AM
Old 10-05-2012
crontab not creating text file

while running the following code in ssh crontab, Its running successfully
but its not creating text file IFC1.txt, file1.txt, file2.txt
while running manually its working.
please help me

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
hostname > file1.txt 2>/dev/null
hostname >> file1.txt 2>/dev/null
sudo df -h | grep webMethods > file2.txt 2>/dev/null
awk -F, 'NR==FNR{a[$3]=$1;next}$3 in a {$4=a[$3]}1' file1.txt file2.txt >IFC1.txt 2>/dev/null
date

Last edited by Scott; 10-05-2012 at 04:59 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating flat text file (ASCII)

Hi everybody. I need help and I hope someone is willing to help me out here. My wholesale company is currently moving to new software. The old software is running on a UNIX platform. We need to migrate data from the UNIX system, but our former software provider refuses to assist the data... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wdonero
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

build crontab from a text file

We are reorganizing our UNIX Crontab file by first making changes in a word pad text file. The intent is to then copy it back to Crontab. Will this work? Copy and Paste does not seem to work. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Connors
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a text file in Local Drive

Hi All, I am new in Shell Script. I have a ksh script running in the Unix Server and basically in that script I need to create a text file but the text file has to be generated in the local PC (the user computer such as in C:\ drive). I have no idea on how to do it and I need it pretty urgently.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yramli
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab Error - creating zero byte log file

Hi, I am trying to run a shell script using the crontab scheduler, and I am redirecting the log of the script output to some temp log file using the following command. sh somescript.sh 1> /location/somefile.log Evrytime the cronjob triggers this script, It creates a zero byte file in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DSDexter
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

creating search script for a text file

I am aware of the stipulations regarding homework, however I am completely stuck and do not know how to even begin the following (in bash): Create a script that searches for a text file with most occurrences of a given keyword. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hybridoutlaw
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with creating a text file in perl with file creation date.

Hi, I am quite new to Perl scripting and i need to create a .TXT file using perl, with fields (A,B,C,D,E), and this text file should be named with current file creation date "XYZ_CCYYMMDD.TXT" (i.e.XYZ_2011042514:33 PM). Can anyone who has done this, please share their expertise on this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating text file with content from script

hi, can somebody tell me how I can create a text file with content from Bash script. The file should be prefilled with information such as current date and time then leaving the user ability to input more data right below those prefilled content. thank you :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s3270226
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - help needed for creating a script to generate xml file from text file

Dear Members, I have a table in Oracle DB and one of its column name is INFO which has data in text format which we need to fetch in a script and create an xml file of a new table from the input. The contents of a single cell of INFO column is like: Area:app - aam Clean Up Criteria:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in creating a text file

Hi, I need help in creating a file in specific format. I have following lines in a file 0772 0ECC 0FC8 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpkumar10
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for reformatting text file and creating new format

Hi all, I have an input file like 1,date,company,, 1,date,comapny,, 2,000,,,567,ACT,00,,,,KKG,M1,D45,,67J,+4500000000 2,000,,,567,ACT,00,,,,KKG,M6,D49,,56J,+6000 2,000,,,567,ACT,00,,7,,KKG,M3,D58,,68h,-70000 2,000,,,567,ACT,00,,,,KKG,M9,D95,,34m,0.00 3,total what i require is 1.I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
2 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)